Bo Burnham: Inside (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
3.83 star(s) Rating: 3.83/5 6 Votes
Title: Bo Burnham: Inside (2021)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Bo Burnham

Cast: Bo Burnham

Release: 2021-05-30

Runtime: 87

Plot: Stuck in COVID-19 lockdown, US comedian and musician Bo Burnham attempts to stay sane and happy by writing, shooting and performing a one-man comedy special.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This is probably the cleanest existential movie (documentary?) (special?) I’ve ever watched. I don’t even know what to say about it right now.

10/10 recommend just to experience it. I’ve never watched anything like it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea this whole thing was wild as fuck. Some of the songs are catchy as fuck, but most of them are just kinda rough to listen to on weird existential level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
I loved his previous special, but pulled the chute on this one after about 20 minutes. Is every joke some variation of "white people, amirite?"

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I loved his previous special, but pulled the chute on this one after about 20 minutes. Is every joke some variation of "white people, amirite?"

White Women's Instagram is pretty fucking spot on.

Thought this was brilliant. Love how it touches on so many digital/social trends. From the Twitch spoof to the reaction video. Really creative. I've already given it two rewatches.

Jive Turkey

Karen
White Women's Instagram is pretty fucking spot on.

Thought this was brilliant. Love how it touches on so many digital/social trends. From the Twitch spoof to the reaction video. Really creative. I've already given it two rewatches.
Maybe I'll give it another shot

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is by far my favorite song in the special. Him doing all the lighting effects himself with such low budget tech is also really impressive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is by far my favorite song in the special. Him doing all the lighting effects himself with such low budget tech is also really impressive.

Yea that song had me a bit fucked up as I sit here on like day 17 of not leaving my house and doing nothing but work and stare at the internet/play vidya all day.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I need to watch this again to really figure out I think about it.

It's pretty emotionally shocking when I watched it and I found it hard to get out of my feels and access my brain.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

Waaaaaaaaaay more to it then that, and yea as mentioned White Woman Instagram is spot on and will make people mad, but fuck em they deserve shit for their inane bullshit. Even more then that its about seeking validation and approval via social media so only showing great, happy things that everyone else that is "popular" is showing doing.

His stuff has a lot of deeper meaning, and it felt like a lot of this was done for him like his Kayne set on make happy. Dude literally couldnt do standup anymore cause of panic attacks when all he did was want to make funny songs and people looked to him for what their views on shit needed to be.

This was probably my pick for the best song followed by the internet one, but they were aall great. Dudes finally ready to come back to the world and the world said fuck you im closing down

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Didn’t particularly like it. There were a few good songs but most of them fell pretty flat. That coupled with a lot of dead time where nothing was happening made it a pretty boring watch.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I feel like I related entirely to much to this. I a lot of us were raised by the internet, hiding away from the world. A lot of us still are.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I really liked this, especially at the end of Welcome to the Internet when he starts that evil laughter and you can see tiny red lights being reflected in his sunglasses. The innocent carnival barker turning into evil carnival barker was fucking brilliant. Several of the songs are funny as shit. Then he did the song with the guitar (forgot the name) and I was really impressed with it when I realized it wasn’t a joke song at all. Then the next day I found myself thinking about it again. Will rewatch it again soon. I bet you this wins all kinds of awards.

edit: He released the songs as an album on Spotify. The guitar song is called That Funny Feeling.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I really liked this, especially at the end of Welcome to the Internet when he starts that evil laughter and you can see tiny red lights being reflected in his sunglasses. The innocent carnival barker turning into evil carnival barker was fucking brilliant. Several of the songs are funny as shit. Then he did the song with the guitar (forgot the name) and I was really impressed with it when I realized it wasn’t a joke song at all. Then the next day I found myself thinking about it again. Will rewatch it again soon. I bet you this wins all kinds of awards.

edit: He released the songs as an album on Spotify. The guitar song is called That Funny Feeling.

That one.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Didn’t particularly like it. There were a few good songs but most of them fell pretty flat. That coupled with a lot of dead time where nothing was happening made it a pretty boring watch.

The dead time was intentional. You’re supposed to be thinking about what just happened and what’s coming next.

It’s supposed to entertain you, but it’s also provoking your brain and your heart.

If the downtime bored you, it’s probably bc you weren’t participating or worse you didn’t want to engage.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I related entirely to much to this. I a lot of us were raised by the internet, hiding away from the world. A lot of us still are.

In a good way or a bad way or a change your life sort of way or a stay the same kind of way?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The dead time was intentional. You’re supposed to be thinking about what just happened and what’s coming next.

It’s supposed to entertain you, but it’s also provoking your brain and your heart.

If the downtime bored you, it’s probably bc you weren’t participating or worse you didn’t want to engage.

Or that's insanely pretentious and he just found it boring

• 1Picard
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database