Board Game - Cthulhu Wars (Kickstarter, already funded)

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Just saw, and pledged this.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...0/cthulhu-wars
The Goal was $40,000 and it's almost at $800,000 right now

Looks to be Chaos of the old gods 2.0 basically, with awesome giant mini's.

The cheaper option is $150, the Upgraded game option is $240 (comes with first expansion, and upgraded tokens, dice, as well as some extra Mini's). They also have a bunch of expansion packs you can add to it, which can bring you over $500 for everything.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Have to use the [video] tag, not iframes is all for Youtube videos (and the full url, not the embed URL):

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So tempting. Unfortunately I have 4 board games I own that I rarely ever get to play.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Donated earlier for the base game, deciding if i should get some of the faction expansions or not...

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I might have.. but we'll see if I go through with it. Considering I already spend $500 on Hex, and $400 on that PS3 stuff this month... I might want to curb my enthusiasm. I already thought "How many times am I likely to get to play this? Maybe 5 times total? Ever?" and realized at that point I would be paying $100 per game, which did sort of seem like a bad investment. I did think "Well, I could always use the figures for DnD!", after all, I do get to do that a good 20 or so times a year, but still....

It's one of those things where I just really like the theme. If this was the exact same game but with 5 warring factions of space marines I wouldn't even consider it, but I sure like the horror\abomination type settings for some reason. So yeah, for me right now its basically, do I want to pay $3 a plastic mini for a bunch of cool looking toys.

What I need is a group of friends who like board games more.
frown.png
If anyone see's a traveling nerd group project on kickstarter let me know!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is an insanely expensive ripoff of Chaos in the Old World, rules wise, but the pieces and board are nice. Wonder if FFG will sue them or not.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
Now I havnt looked at the actual game rules, but if thats true, I really question why you spent the money Onoes. We played Chaos in the Old World a few times, and I thought it was a pretty subpar game at best. I felt like we wasted $60 buying that game, so if this is just more of the same, I dont think you should go through with it.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Its looks identical to Chaos for sure.

Can't help that a part of me goes "Giant awesome toys!" though. I should probably work to silence that part of my brain.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You know what I have to say without actually typing it at this point.
Something involving a phrase like "more money than sense"? Not that I'd agree, game looks quite neat and minis should be usable for many things (I plan to use them with Arkham Horror as well - and looking cheaper than getting the official AH figs while more imposing in appearance and quality)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
chaos in the old world was not a good game initially (unless you played khorne) but after the expansion the game was a lot more fun.

they posted youtube videos of 2 of the armies and their playstyles, looks like something my group could definitely get into. I do however despise Sandy Petersens and his sons voices and attitudes in the videos, how about a little production value!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
These board game Kickstarters need to somehow bring in Will Weaton's Tabletop guys to present their game.