Boardwalk Empire

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Boardwalk Empire

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2010-09-19

Creator: Terence Winter

Cast: Steve Buscemi, Vincent Piazza, Kelly Macdonald, Michael Shannon, Stephen Graham, Shea Whigham, Michael Kenneth Williams, Ben Rosenfield, Julianne Nicholson

Overview: Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. And the man who runs things -- legally and otherwise -- is the town's treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is equal parts politician and gangster.

xKALECx

Because Richard Harrow deserves a spot on every fucking forum on the internet.

I got my parents watching this last week. They started on the first episode and are already halfway into season 2. They bought both seasons for my brother in law, and went under the tree and stole his presents back. I asked my mom, "what are you thinking?" and her reply was "fuck him. I'll buy him a shirt. This show is too damn good".

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Going to be so depressing with out this on, really looked forward to Sunday nights between this and Walking Dead. I'm very rarely care about what happens to a character even in shows that I like, but Richard Harrow gets to me, he feels real and I just want him to have his damn dream of a family and maybe kick some ass on the way.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Best season so far - enjoyed this season of Boardwalk more than GoT season 2. Hope BW can keep up the pace for a least 2 more seasons. Would hate for this show to go out Deadwood style.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Did I miss an explanation for why the super rich guy who owned the brewery would screw over Rothstein for Nucky?

shishare

can anyone give a quick rehash about what this show is about? been half ass wanting to check it out because i hear good things, but kinda on the fence

Solariss

Golden Squire
can anyone give a quick rehash about what this show is about? been half ass wanting to check it out because i hear good things, but kinda on the fence
Get off the fence... The story is awesome, the characters are awesome, the writing is awesome. There is a lot of violence, a lot of "holy shits," and every scene has a lot of meaning. You can tell they actually put time into thinking about the dialogue for each and every scene. It's about the bootlegging whiskey in the prohibition era. There are a lot of well-known mobsters from that era in the show as characters... Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Enoch Thompson

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why did you forsake me BE? I'm stuck watching fucking Dexter and Homeland until March when GOT comes back. FML!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Why did you forsake me BE? I'm stuck watching fucking Dexter and Homeland until March when GOT comes back. FML!
If you don't watch Justified in January you are even dafter than your footy posting suggests
tongue.png

tongue.png

tongue.png

Filwen_sl

shitlord
Wife and I breezed through Season 1 & 2 and then caught up on Season 3 to watch the last 4 episodes live. Great fucking show. Can't believe we weren't watching it before. I'd have to say that Season 3 was insane all the way to the end. I'm not sure why Nucky would betray Rothstein. Maybe it is because he turned his back on Nucky and then extorted something out of him for personal gain? He said he wouldn't forget. Rothstein is an opportunistic fuck who has no backbone. Should make for a good lead into Season 4.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Why do you say Rothstein has no backbone? I never seen his character as weak. Nucky betrayed Rothstein because Rothstein pulling away made everything much more likely to fuck him over until Capone showed up.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He isn't weak, he just has no loyalties outside of business. I believe that Nucky was genuinely his friend, and he left him out to dry. I think his flexible nature will lead to his undoing here in the near future.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I see a series of unfortunate events in store for Rothstein as well. Him setting up Lucky and abandoning Nucky were two moves he shouldn't have made.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I cheated and read the actual history behind Rothstein, so I already have a pretty good idea what is going to happen. Still, it will be awesome to see.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database