No Time to Die (007 Bond)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1.29 star(s) Rating: 1.29/5 17 Votes
Title: Bond 25 (2019)

Genre: Action, Thriller, Adventure

Cast: Daniel Craig, Helena Bonham Carter, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes, Rory Kinnear, Mark Strong

Release: 2019-11-08

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Danny Boyle out as director.

Beef over Russia-oriented script with Russian focus cited as reasons.

MGM ultimately made the decision to part ways with Danny. They had 2 scripts. 1 Danny Boyle, 1 original writers (the same writers for the past several Daniel Craig movies)

MGM reviewed both scripts. They sided against Danny.

Release date has been pushed from 2019 as a result. The project has no replacement for director.

Bond 25 'will miss 2019 release date'

The Telegraph also claimed the film's producers had concerns over the script's focus on current political tensions with Russia.

A spokeswoman for Trainspotting screenwriter John Hodge, author of the script in question, confirmed this week that he was also no longer involved.

Cold War era disagreements afoot.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
David Mackenzie, Yann Demange and Joe Wright are among the film-makers who have been tipped to take over the director's chair.

Should these names mean anything for the movie?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Should these names mean anything for the movie?

Edgar Wright? He did Baby Driver. Mackenzie did Hell or High Water which was great also. Could do much worse than those two.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like there was more to it than just the Russia angle

It's reported that there were discussions of a "Doctor Who-esque regeneration with a new actor", following Daniel Craig's 'dramatic' departure from the franchise

Director Danny Boyle stepped down from James Bond 25 following a dispute over killing off Daniel Craig’s secret agent character, it has been reported.

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/film/danny...niel-craig2371168-2371168#vV3p2jib6gF53pYO.99

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Lol, there's nothing "Doctor Who-esque" about it, stupid of them to use that phrase. We've already had a bunch of actors play Bond, and if they killed him off and made a new character to be 007 that still would be nothing like Doctor Who. Closest thing would be if the new agent was female, which these days would not surprise me in the least.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol, there's nothing "Doctor Who-esque" about it, stupid of them to use that phrase. We've already had a bunch of actors play Bond, and if they killed him off and made a new character to be 007 that still would be nothing like Doctor Who. Closest thing would be if the new agent was female, which these days would not surprise me in the least.

The lead producer of the Bond franchise (a woman) did say its time for a black man to step into the role.

They are eyeing Idris Elba as you know. I have major problems with that casting that have nothing to do with race-- so hopefully that doesn't happen, so I won't have to fucking type them all out here.

Don't test me.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Thank god for backlash. We don't need a grandpa bond. He'd be pushing 50 by the time a movie came out and the action scenes would suffer tremendously.

Also you don't typically cast a KNOWN ACTION STAR in the Bond role. I don't believe its typical for a Bond to do big action movies and have a major action brand, prior to becoming Bond. part of Bond is the transformation into Bond. You can't play Bond in 100 movies, and then transform into Bond.

Pierce Brosnan. Not an action star.

Daniel Craig. Not an action star.

Keep working back boys. Let me know when we hit a Bond that was a previous MAJOR ACTION STAR in big major action roles that was selected for the Bond role.

I fucking dare you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Cast: Daniel Craig, Helena Bonham Carter, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes, Rory Kinnear, Mark Strong

no bond girl yet?

• 2Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm

no bond girl yet?

r u kidding breh?

helena-bonham-carter-out-in-new-york-02-06-2017_1.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I never understand these people trying to kill off successful franchises so vigorously. Listen at how strongly that article's author(and Broccoli) want to kill off a character that has lasted since 1953. Just stop making them if you are so offended by what Bond stands for? Oh, that money thing. You want to ruin it, kill the money, and then move on like Star Wars, Ghost Busters, etc? Ahhhh

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it's at least encouraging that the character might finally die at the end of the next movie.

Saved me some money. Added to the "Will not, do not".

Another franchise garbled up by the agenda.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thank god for backlash. We don't need a grandpa bond. He'd be pushing 50 by the time a movie came out and the action scenes would suffer tremendously.

Also you don't typically cast a KNOWN ACTION STAR in the Bond role. I don't believe its typical for a Bond to do big action movies and have a major action brand, prior to becoming Bond. part of Bond is the transformation into Bond. You can't play Bond in 100 movies, and then transform into Bond.

Pierce Brosnan. Not an action star.

Daniel Craig. Not an action star.

Keep working back boys. Let me know when we hit a Bond that was a previous MAJOR ACTION STAR in big major action roles that was selected for the Bond role.

I fucking dare you.

Dumbest argument against Elba as Bond. Even from you, i'm surprised at how dumb that is.

The only legit reasoning would be if they wanted a black Bond for the sake of having a black Bond. Elba's probably the most qualified for the role and it would be beneath him to get it as a diversity hire.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Since when is Elba an established action star? Because of Heimdall? Loool

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dumbest argument against Elba as Bond. Even from you, i'm surprised at how dumb that is.

The only legit reasoning would be if they wanted a black Bond for the sake of having a black Bond. Elba's probably the most qualified for the role and it would be beneath him to get it as a diversity hire.

Finally getting this party started.

But you're consistently always a week late on getting back to me-- takes all the fun out of the moment!

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Cringing. He's a major action star.

He is not a major action star. To me that implies that he's successful at it financially and that's what he's most known for.

His most well known roles (Luther, Stringer Bell, and the beast of no nation) are not action roles. What's his highest grossing action film that isn't part of a huge franchise? What major action film did he headline that did more than 80 million?

At best, he is a supporting character in successful action films.

Do you consider Ryan gosling an action star because of, say, drive?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database