Borderlands

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Welp, another win for indie gaming! It will be a long time before they rape enough gaming IPs to get to one I care about!

Oh, they are making a Rimworld movie and not butchering their enemies to feed to their prisoners?!? What a fucking insult to the IP!

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why didn't they ever make an updated version of night trap? That game was tits and easily transfer to a mover

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
No Marcus? I mean, I saw a guy who looked like Marcus, but Marcus is a prominent figure in the game. No Brick? What about Scooter? Why is there a Maniac riding around with them?

Why is this here?

Its like no one has idea what made Borderlands fun. This is trash.

Also Borderlands 1 was the last good Borderlands game. Fuck Slag, fuck having to worry about ammo, and especially fuck both of those when you have bullet sponge bosses

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1708785713284.png

think "only" 2 race and 2 gender swaps

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hammerlock was always black (and gay!) so I'm not sure what race swaps you think you're seeing.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I have more hours in the borderlands franchise than probably 99% of the world’s population, and I have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing this

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
3 or 4 hags ain't gonna carry it.

I keep hearing this 40's, 50's thing posted.

Blanchett is pushing 55.

Gina Gershon is in her 60's.

1708935401834.png

I know Eli Roth directs a lot of horror, but cmon.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have more hours in the borderlands franchise than probably 99% of the world’s population, and I have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing this
Yeah…that is definitely not Tiny Tina energy… they could have cast the voice actor she would do just fine.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah…that is definitely not Tiny Tina energy… they could have cast the voice actor she would do just fine.
Please, no. This movie has more than enough eyesores.

Also, it would be uncomfortable to watch an actress that's letting her hair grey play a mentally damaged child. A movie with better writing chops could use that to its advantage.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really don't get the casting of older people, I love Cate and JLC but it's just off, technically all the casting is off.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I wonder just how popular this film is going to be based on the IP

I just didn’t know anyone that loved the series that much. Even amongst my friends that played similar style games

Fucker

Log Wizard
I wonder just how popular this film is going to be based on the IP

I just didn’t know anyone that loved the series that much. Even amongst my friends that played similar style games
It is getting ripped apart by anyone who likes Borderlands IP.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
On one hand, I would love to have seen this made correctly with more drama and some dark humor type shit for adults.

On the other hand, Borderlands is mostly just jokes. I don't think you ever feel the weight of anything and some of the playable characters are literally suicidal. Hard to do that live action without it looking like.... this. If they made a grimdark version of this people would argue about the tone of the games and then they make this goofball shitbox and a lot of people are saying it's not serious enough.

It is funny they somehow got two Oscar winners to star in this. Cate Blanchett probably doing it for her kids and JLK probably doing it because she's familiar with the games (she's a late life gamer/weeb). The dream would be to get Ryan Reynolds as Handsome Jack if this wasn't complete shit, which it may be, but who knows. I think it'll kill on streaming services honestly. This is one of those movies you and your friends are bored and go "should we watch that Borderlands movie I guess?"'

Animated would've been more true to the game, but non weeb adults have a hard time getting into animated movies/televsion because it feels too flat.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It is funny they somehow got two Oscar winners to star in this. Cate Blanchett probably doing it for her kids and JLK probably doing it because she's familiar with the games (she's a late life gamer/weeb). The dream would be to get Ryan Reynolds as Handsome Jack if this wasn't complete shit, which it may be, but who knows. I think it'll kill on streaming services honestly. This is one of those movies you and your friends are bored and go "should we watch that Borderlands movie I guess?"'

Animated would've been more true to the game, but non weeb adults have a hard time getting into animated movies/televsion because it feels too flat.

They got big name people to be in it for a simple reason, it's a cash-grab.

It was done filming in 3 months...

The budget is / was 150 MILLION DOLLARS...

1708980127804.png

---

Anyone carrying water for these shitbox cash-grabs is the problem with society.