Bosch

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I just started S1 today and am liking it so far. Amazon is amazing, I said "hey I need something to watch while I'm on the fitness bike" and they keep throwing stuff at me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just finished S4. This show is pretty good. Lots of good characters. The only gripe I have with it is some of the side stories are pretty shallow and the daughter/ex-wife storyline detracts from the show as a whole. Though that appears to be buttoned up somewhat in S4.

There are some headscratcher moments here and there as far as character reactions/motivations but it's well acted and fairly interesting. One of the very few Amazon originals worth watching.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i agree with all of that. Its very well adapted from the source material - each season usually combines two books together and tweaks it for the updated time period and tv characters.

Maddy will hopefully be shuffled off to college next season (unless they decide to have bosch do that whole thing where he travels to china in an attempt to follow the trail from eleanors murder).

J. Edgar makes a good partner for bosch, and i wouldnt mind one of the side stories next season going into Billets' and irving's politics within the command staff since they were setting that up with irving and his reorganization flow chart.

I really thought they were going to do more with the KT killer, but i guess it was just to show the point that sometimes serial killer cases get closed purely by happenstance. Odd to set it up over multiple seasons just for that though.

Khane

Yea the KT killer storyline just ended up being really odd filler.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Season 5 is out, about drug trade across the border. Immediately starts off by insinuating how silly a border wall is.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Season 6 is up. I guess no one watches this show based on how dead the thread is. Surprising since the show is damn good and doesn't decay after 6 seasons.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm watching it, I love bosch. Read all the books.

This season is just as good as the others, I think there's no real discussion (1) because the whole season drops at once, there's not much to talk about until the end and (2) it's just a solid point A to point B straightforward story.

The show is formulaic, but meh, i like the formula.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I watch it and enjoy it a fair bit. It's serial detective novels in a tv season format and it manages the conversion quite well.

Also, the intro jazz gets me bobbing my head everytime

• 1Like

Khane

Just finished S6. More of the same. If you liked the previous seasons you'll like this one.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's 101 procedural crime drama but it's IMO well done, it has that Noir, LAPD vibe I totally dig and production is quite decent. Also it's bingeable so when you're into it it's kinda hard to not watch the next episode.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The silence is approval. Nothing to say about solid good storytelling.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yup, series is great. I never skip the the intro sequences either.

Read a couple of the Connelly books, got Concrete Blonde on order. I like how Connelly's background as a court reporter I think it was ? helps him capture the realism of police work (the paperwork, etc).

The sovereign citizens in the last season turned out be some bullshit sideplot though

elidib

Vyemm Raider
He was the crime beat reporter for a newspaper.

Get Void Moon next, that's his best novel.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
yep, s6 is more of the same, pretty decent show, although starting to show some decline. it's gotten a bit stale since the resolution of bosch's mother story, with filler stuff becoming more noticeable. also what's up with the sudden turn to "The Wire" with this season?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Great show. Could easily watch 6 more seasons of this. Too bad theyre shutting it down after next season.