Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
George Kambosos Jr. claims all the belts at 135 from Teofimo Lopez.

Wow.

He knocked him down in the first round, and survived a 10th round knock down himself, outlanding Lopez in powershots and punches thrown.

No rematch clause either due to Kambosos being a mandatory challenger. Thats a FAT L for Lopez, he just lost MILLIONS of dollars on potential future earnings with this loss. The only silver lining for him, is he was going to move up to 140 lbs anyway, and would have most likely relinqiushed the lightweight straps even if he won. But the boxing gods dont play that shit, and look what happened.

Kambosos is suddenly the biggest athlete in Australia. He earned 1.5 million for this fight, his biggest pay day before that? 200,000k. His life will never be the same.
Wow. Fucking missed that thanks to moving. Loma needs to hop on a Kambosos fight immediately.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This is actually a pretty gangster move by Jake Paul. I dunno whether the outcome will be any different, but its a fairly risky move for Jake and he's likely only doing it to save the card. I'll probably watch it again... on mute because Triller commentary is atrocious.

Dec 18th.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kambosos shouldnt take the Loma fight. Why should Loma now get a title shot just 2 fights after losing the title? Someone else should get a shot, such as Tank Davis or Haney. Even Garcia should be in the mix. I see Kambosos taking on Haney. I would rather see him vs Davis but I dont think he will take the risk. BUT, he might have a better chance outboxing Tank than he does outboxing Haney. Maybe he picks Garcia because he is the softest touch.

Who knows, but if I could do it I would set up;

Garcia vs Haney

Kambosos vs Tank

Loma vs winner of Tank Kambosos and then winner of Haney vs Garcia fights loser of Kambosos vs Tank title fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Kambosos shouldnt take the Loma fight. Why should Loma now get a title shot just 2 fights after losing the title? Someone else should get a shot, such as Tank Davis or Haney. Even Garcia should be in the mix. I see Kambosos taking on Haney. I would rather see him vs Davis but I dont think he will take the risk. BUT, he might have a better chance outboxing Tank than he does outboxing Haney. Maybe he picks Garcia because he is the softest touch.

Who knows, but if I could do it I would set up;

Garcia vs Haney

Kambosos vs Tank

Loma vs winner of Tank Kambosos and then winner of Haney vs Garcia fights loser of Kambosos vs Tank title fight.
Loma should be the mandatory because he is the best fighter. We all know how boxing goes though, so I'm sure he won't get it. A lot of people thought Loma at minimum drew with Lopez.

Haney looked iffy against the last dude he fought, and got rocked. Garcia isn't currently fighting due to mental health issues or whatever.

Jozu

Wait what? LMAO.

This fucking mental health shit is so fucking bullshit.

Im almost 40 now so yea Im not doing that garbage, but man if I was younger it would have been AWESOME to have a mental health break lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The announcers carried the fight for me. Showtime Boxing quit trying to sell the fight after Round 1.

They were throwing Jake and Woodley under the bus with ruthless abandon, stopping just short of calling it "trash"-- then wham, entertainment happens. Exactly what Showtime paid for. The lack of boxing suddenly became forgivable.

Jozu

Im not sure if Tyson Fury wants to fight Jake.

Jakes camp should try to find him another Fury type opponent who is a real boxer and start the transition for Jake to get real fights in order to be able to sell the public on him being a real fighter. That way he can continue knocking out scrubs for coin but also position himself to take over the actual sport of boxing over time.

Eventually the side show is going to come to an end for him, he needs real substance.

Jozu

Sorry I met Tommy.

And lol @ Tommy Fury murdering Paul.

Homeboy has beat like 7 cans and has already backed out of one fight between the two. At least Paul is active.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry I met Tommy.

And lol @ Tommy Fury murdering Paul.

Homeboy has beat like 7 cans and has already backed out of one fight between the two. At least Paul is active.
What does you meeting tommy have to do with it, dum dum.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I want Jake Paul vs Tyrone Spong next. Jake Paul would be murdered.

I can't see JP fighting an accomplished Thai fighter. It'd be a good test of how he handles pressure because Thai boxers are going to come forward like JP has never seen before in his fucking life. But I think JP knows better than to fight a kickboxer. Even if they can't use 80% of their striking in boxing-- the sheer aggression and ferocity is on a completely different level.

That sport brings too much into a boxing ring for JP to contend with. Especially since he hasn't been able to establish a jab at all. Not being able to use a jab when you are against someone you need to keep at range will be a very short night for JP.

JP's jab accuracy is 11 to 13% that would need to come up to at least 25% to start talking about serious fights.