Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I swear to God if DLH & Canelo duck this fight... We'll see.

Joseph Parker & Takam fought earlier yesterday in New Zealand. Parker gassed pretty hard in the 5th but got his 2nd wind and settled in & won a UD. Had him winning 8-4 in a good looking bout, nothing scintillating, but Takam is a really solid fighter. Parker should be one of the better HWs for the next few years at least.

Lara & the Charlo's fought tonight as well. Lara was in a solid fight with Martirosyan, but I had him winning fairly comfortably. The Charlo's certainly had some growing pain tonight, neither looked exactly "good". Jermell eventually KO'd John Jackson (Julian Jackson's son) in the 8th but was out boxed pretty handily up until he buzzed Jackson (who has a bad chin) and finished with an odd KO. Jermall was in an incredibly tight fight with Trout, and just showed a lack of boxing. Trout would've definitely won that fight if he had some power, and I thought it was arguably a draw. I think Julian Williams (new up and comer from Philly at 154) beats both of them.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought it was interesting that neither of them called out Canelo. Jermall balked at going up to 160 lol.. I guess he knows he can't use his size as an advantage up there. They are interesting fighters but I don't they will ever be elite fighters.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Float like a ...shit too soon. Well I'm halfway to my dream matchup of Holyfield vs Ali. Two greatest fighters. Period.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thurman vs. Porter main event averaged 3.1 million viewers

More proof if boxing could just get out of the way of itself it would grow in popularity and make even more money.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kell Brook daring to be great is fighting GGG. 2 undefeated fighters with titles. Fight at 160 but GGG fighting him in UK.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Thurman vs. Porter main event averaged 3.1 million viewers

More proof if boxing could just get out of the way of itself it would grow in popularity and make even more money.
100%, all these shitty tune ups. Its amazing what happens when you make good fights.

How about Kell "Fucking" Brook. Dear God, the balls that fucking guy has. Instant life-long fan of that fucking guy now. He is probably way in over his head, but he is very talented & is no small welterweight luckily. Hope they stack the holy fuck out of that card, can't wait to see it.

Btw, Kovalev fought Chilemba early Monday in Moscow.. He did not look great (even though he had Chilemba practically KO'd in the 7th if not for the bell). Guy is truly a great fighter, but he is going to have to work some serious magic to beat Ward. I had that fight about 55-45 before the Chilemba fight in favor of Ward, now I probably have it legitimately 70-30. In fairness to him "Home Coming" fights are usually a taxing situation. Still can't wait to see that in November!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100%, all these shitty tune ups. Its amazing what happens when you make good fights.

How about Kell "Fucking" Brook. Dear God, the balls that fucking guy has. Instant life-long fan of that fucking guy now. He is probably way in over his head, but he is very talented & is no small welterweight luckily. Hope they stack the holy fuck out of that card, can't wait to see it.

Btw, Kovalev fought Chilemba early Monday in Moscow.. He did not look great (even though he had Chilemba practically KO'd in the 7th if not for the bell). Guy is truly a great fighter, but he is going to have to work some serious magic to beat Ward. I had that fight about 55-45 before the Chilemba fight in favor of Ward, now I probably have it legitimately 70-30. In fairness to him "Home Coming" fights are usually a taxing situation. Still can't wait to see that in November!
yea, Kudo's to Kell. People are bitching about that fight but it's not GGG's fault Eubank bitched after giving the run around and Kell decided he wanted a chance at stepping up and being great. He should have that opportunity and good on GGG for at least meeting him half way with fighting in the UK, That fight is going to do really well over there.

I think Ward is an amazing fighter but I just can't forget how well Kovalev fought against BHOP. I'm much closer to 50/50 for that fight favoring Kovalev.

Manny has unretired.. probably fight end of October. Opponent yet to be named.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Phenomenal fight about to start right now: Crawford vs. Postol, two undefeated top fighters in a 140 lbs unification fight. Crawford has potential to be an absolute superstar, Pacquiao fight is probably on the line.

878a78356eff62b106b2604fcea0b10d59f7e596 < Acestream ID

edit:
Crawford looked really, really good. He shutout Postol (who is a very good, Top 20 kinda guy). Hurt him multiple times, in the last round walked down Postol, ate his shots and kept coming after him. I would honestly slightly favor him in a Pacquiao fight, which is extremely rare & maybe ill-advised. Dude is up there with Ward, Golovkin as maybe the best fighters in boxing at this second.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't get to catch the whole fight but saw parts of it. He looked great, his comment about Manny having to move down to 140 to fight him was pretty dumb tho.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I've always loved Max. Guy is a smart well thought out dude. Hope we get Pacquiao-Crawford, its a great fight. If we get it Nov. 5th, it means I will be spending some money towards boxing in that two week span (Nov. 11th is Ward-Kovalev).

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I understand Stevenson hitting limelight at an old age (won the belt at 35 I believe), and in return wanting to take as many mid tier fights as possible to stack up a bank account. That being said it really is time for him to start upping the competition again, it's been since his Fonfara fight that there was intrigue going into a bout of his. Williams is a decent fighter, but certainly not top tier. He did show some real game in the fight, solid albeit short scrap.

KO sequence starts at 13:20

Last edited by a moderator:

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boxing-008.jpg