Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Had a group of people over the fight. My God, what a fucking fight. Completely action packed, even Wlad brought fucking everything. Fight had fucking everything. Sensational fight.

If you didn't catch it, what the fucking replay tonight on HBO. Holy fuck. Waiting for the highlights videos. I was sweating watching that shit lol.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The event really couldn't have turned out any better. Highlights below, well fucking worth the view. It's gonna be nice to have a heavyweight that's worth tuning into. And that Klitschko 1-2, good Lord, Joshua showed some ability just getting up from that. Beautiful fight, and it was nice to see Klitschko perform as well as he did. Not an exciting champ during his reign, but fuck he is a great fighter.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Canelo-Chavez Jr. this weekend. I was originally thinking this could be a really competitive fight, now I'm not so sure. Chavez just looks pretty drawn out, and sadly it looks like he actually trained well for this fight. That weight cut to the 164.5 lbs - at Canelo weight, not surprisingly may just be too tough for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he just gets worn out to the body and Canelo picks him apart. That being said, Canelo isn't a great mover and Chavez has some solid power and a really solid chin.

Not sure what's next for Chavez if he loses. 175 is way too big for him, as we saw with Fonfara simply out sizing him, and 168 lbs he isn't gonna have the advantage of simply out sizing guys like he did at middleweight. All in all, dude was a decent fighter. Never elite, but he's better than guys would give him credit for. I'll go UD 12 for Canelo in an 8-4 kinda fight where Chavez mounts a decent surge late in the fight.

Then Canela needs to stop being a little bitch and fight GGG. Pulling that Floyd shit, Oscar's hypocritical ass.

Ps. De La Hoya is saying this is trending towards 1,000,000 PPV buys, which would shocking. I think it does 550,000-650,000. Which would still be super impressive, considering Jr. has been nowhere to be found for a few years.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chavez is a lazy bum. I'm not expecting much from him. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise everyone.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, maybe Chavez will throw a punch one of these rounds. All these Mexican families that actually bought this shit lol. Fucking farce.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait to see De La Hoya and Canela dip & dodge all-around the GGG post fight questions.

article-0-0DA73B6E00000578-228_224x423.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Good dose of Nyquil that fight was.

Boxing as of the last 15 years does a great job of finding a massive shot of momentum (Joshua-Klitschko), then Golden Boy delivers that piece of shit and puts some of the momentum to rest.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking finally, it only took 2 years to happen. Ward-Kovalev & then GGG-Canelo in September, sign me up.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah do yourself a favor man, it was awful.

It's a shame the GGG news had to happen after that stinker, but overall it's a win just from the fact that the fight is made. Apparently it was signed last week.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Have Ward 3-1 right now. Kovalev is the aggressor, but he isn't landing cleanly, and Ward is really doing some nice work. Let's see how Kovalev stays with that stamina. Ward always needs to be cautious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fuck me I forgot this on tonight. Really wanted to watch it. Guess I'll have to watch replay later. Wikipedia and some of the news site saying it was a controversial stoppage though and Ward was hitting him with a lot of low blows? Anyone who watched it care to comment? I remember a lot of whining in their first fight also about how people thought Kovalev won (only saw highlights of that fight so can't really comment). Same group of people here or..?