Breaking the Spirit of a Willful Child...

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Such a burden...or raise your child so with the mind set that money doesn't fucking matter and don't spend exorbitant amounts of money on useless shit for you or your family. Also don't make it the topic of everything. Hodj is fucking retarded, but lyrical having to talk abput "big deals" at the dinner table in front of his kids just shows what kind of person he is

I find it amazing how some are so pre-occupied with what I make. I make a lot of money. I have no regrets over this. I earned it, and didn't have what most of you had going in. I worked more hours in ten years than most of you will over a 30 year career to get to where I am.

You can't pass money to kids if they have major issues. Money does matter. It brings out your character. If you have addictive issues, it now empowers your addictions. If you are the charitable sort, it enables you to do more charity.

No one wants to raise bad kids. Money makes a bad kid worse. I've seen it time and time again. A competitor of mine never disciplined his child, and when that competitor passed away, the son went out of business in six months. He was just so spoiled, his employees would tell me he'd cuss out customers for no reason : a total detachment from reality. I subcontracted some work out to the son for a little, and then I had to let him go, because he was just too weak.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Schools nowadays are forced to feminise every aspect of education and it's hurting boys.

Here take a look at this..

Also, Please don't teach your kid martial arts.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Thanks for proving my point?

You seem more worried about the fact that your kid may waste your money than anything.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Cuts up means fucks around, jokes and stuff. Like I said, we're talking pretty minor stuff and stuff that teachers should be well equipped to deal with. At least that's what it sounds like.

Well, he got sent to the principals office because the teacher obviously was not able to deal with it. We of course could go down the rabbit hole of how well the teacher is doing, but let's just assume she put the normal amount of effort in to stop the disruption and when the kid would not comply she sent him to the principal of which the kid was also defiant to.

Now, I'm not saying it's earth shattering, but I also wouldn't classify that behavior as "minor" either.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I also know how smug everyone can get about parenting as well. Talk about straightening your kid up and "You're crushing his will!" however, you let your kid behave like a shit out in public and "That person needs to discipline their kid!"

Many of these guys giving advice aren't married, or actually have kids.

You are damn straight. My kid gets in trouble, and he's just another street thug in a hoodie that got what was coming to him. I worked in a group dealing with low-income youths in the inner city for five years. The common denominator with the juvenile delinquents was that the parents never disciplined them. The parents enrolled them in the group because they were freaked out because they were 16 and 17, in trouble with the law already, and headed for a life of prison. However, if you ask the people in the neighborhood what the problem was, they'll tell you those kids were not listening to authority at 5 or 6, and the parents never put their foot down until the kids' character was almost fully formed. Every last person you talked to that new the kids since birth would tell you the same thing. The kids would maybe be playing, hit another kid in the face, and the parents wouldn't say a word to them. When other adults would say something, the parents would yell, "How dare you talk to my little angel like that!". So the parents were reinforcing that this was good behavior to their kids. Some of those kids got older and joined the military on purpose. Deep down, they knew that they'd been raised with no discipline, and they needed it.

This always stuck with me the most from that experience.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, he got sent to the principals office because the teacher obviously was not able to deal with it. We of course could go down the rabbit hole of how well the teacher is doing, but let's just assume she put the normal amount of effort in to stop the disruption and when the kid would not comply she sent him to the principal of which the kid was also defiant to.

Now, I'm not saying it's earth shattering, but I also wouldn't classify that behavior as "minor" either.
He also said that lately the behavior has been better, and the more recent behavior was classified as "he has a crew and he cuts up with his friends." That's pretty minor, unless there's something there I don't see.

I would never say don't discipline your kids, or that they should just be let to run wild. To me, this all just seems like an overreaction. Born out of a good place, dude doesn't want his kids to because fucksticks. But at the end of the day we're talking about a 6 year old who jokes around when he's in a group with his friends and somehow "i need to get out in front of this." becomes the appropriate response. Seems way over the top.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks for proving my point?

You seem more worried about the fact that your kid may waste your money than anything.

I invalidated your point. I don't want to see my kids OD or spend their lives in and out of rehab, because the money is a crutch to abuse substances.

I remember in HS, going to a party with the rich kids, and seeing them pull out thousands of dollars of cocaine and lining it up with razors. It was like something out of Scarface. Only these kids had no jobs or income, other than their folks throwing a lot money their way. My God, my parents never gave me more than $300 in cash before I got out of the house. Some ended up OK, some had to go to rehab in HS before they finally went to Junior College (because their grades were so bad from the drugs).

Do you know how many times I've seen a dealer's kid coked up out of their fucking minds? They get a distorted sense of reality that life is all about money and drugs and nothing else. As I said before (if you read it), I've seen some of these kids sit at the lake house all week coked out of their minds day and night for months (and years) on end, because that's what life has become to them. They are like the Walking Dead. Remember when Philip Seymour Hoffman died, and he had like 12 months of heroine lined up in his house, so he could do it 24/7?

You either know what I'm talking about, or you don't. That shit is real.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I invalidated your point. I don't want to see my kids OD or spend their lives in and out of rehab, because the money is a crutch to abuse substances.

I remember in HS, going to a party with the rich kids, and seeing them pull out thousands of dollars of cocaine and lining it up with razors. It was like something out of Scarface. Only these kids had no jobs or income, other than their folks throwing a lot money their way. My God, my parents never gave me more than $300 in cash before I got out of the house. Some ended up OK, some had to go to rehab in HS before they finally went to Junior College (because their grades were so bad from the drugs).

Do you know how many times I've seen a dealer's kid coked up out of their fucking minds? They get a distorted sense of reality that life is all about money and drugs and nothing else. As I said before (if you read it), I've seen some of these kids sit at the lake house all week coked out of their minds day and night for months (and years) on end, because that's what life has become to them. They are like the Walking Dead. Remember when Philip Seymour Hoffman died, and he had like 12 months of heroine lined up in his house, so he could do it 24/7?

You either know what I'm talking about, or you don't. That shit is real.
You are very insecure about money

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
But at the end of the day we're talking about a 6 year old who jokes around when he's in a group with his friends and somehow "i need to get out in front of this." becomes the appropriate response. Seems way over the top.

You missed the part about how the classes lessons are being disrupted, and the school sent an email that they will take disciplinary action if it doesn't stop immediately?

I'm going to go work now.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm not the one posting about someone else's financial situation repeatedly, am I? It's like you are obsessed.
You are the one making it seem like you are more concerned about how your son will waste your money more than anything else. You literally feel the need to bring up how much you make in every post.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You missed the part about how the classes lessons are being disrupted, and the school sent an email that they will take disciplinary action if it doesn't stop immediately?

I'm going to go work now.
I saw it, I just don't understand how the teacher isn't equipped to deal with this. I had friends in school that I cut up with, and we got separated and shit, thus we were not able to disrupt class. It really doesn't sound like this is a huge deal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I have no kids but I was a knucklehead in school and am currently a teacher. The fact you give a shit and are trying to get in front of this says a lot. Trust me, most teachers just want a parent to acknowledge there may be an issue and help us fix it.
Something else you may want to look at is what exactly he is doing. I get kids sent to my classroom because they have a fidget spinner and the teacher loses her mind. I doubt at 6 years old he's being malicious and trying to piss the teacher off, the teacher may just hate the fact he taps his pencil. If he is sitting near his friends and bullshitting then that's on the teacher. We have seating charts for a reason. Even at the high school level kids can't sit near their friends and act right, don't know how one would expect a 6 year old to do it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I have two and would put in that you have to get all your stuff in before the kid turns 9-12 or so. Once they start looking to peers for approval instead of you, it is very difficult to make any changes to them.

Once in high school my oldest got in with the popular girls, who all happen to be in extremely wealthy families and all drive BMW or Land Rovers+ to school that were bought for them. Money is so important now to her that she has us drop her off a block from school to walk so no one at her school sees her get out of our 'crappy poor people' car. She has no concept of the value of money, won't work around the house or get a job and expects a hand out each time she needs something, which we don't do.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not the one posting about someone else's financial situation repeatedly, am I? It's like you are obsessed.
You bring it up quite frequently. This is a message board where we all read the posts people write. You should expect people to use your post history as a reference for discussing things with you. If someone starts saying I'm obsessed with buttholes, I can't argue with it!

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
"let me create an imaginary problem about my kid having discipline issues so I can humble brag about having a lot of money" - this thread summarized

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
You are gross as fuck, dude
Its literally the most important thing to teach your kids: to overcome your emotions, not be ruled by them. Its literally what distinguishes a worthwhile human being from the masses.

I dont understand your use of the word "gross" in this context, but its clear you disagree.

"Oh no dont teach them their feelings are worthless" is some of the worst parenting advice I've ever heard; its exactly the opposite of the correct advice.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Listened to most of these, all have relevant nuggets of wisdom

Last edited: