British TV Comedies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay... I didn't write all your suggestions down. Who knew MoreNetz would collapse? I didn't, I don't stay up to date on everything that goes on in the forums.

Anyways, what I've personally seen, to my memory:
-Black Books
-Mighty Boosh
-Moone Boy (Good suggestion)
-The IT Crowd
-The Inbetweeners (great show, awesome suggestion to the person whose name I don't remember)
-An Idiot Abroad (keeping up with the series now that someone pointed me to eztv)
-Spaced
-A Bit of Fry and Laurie
-Stephen Fry... the America's special series
-Top Gear
-The Office
-Snuff Box (Love the intro song)
-Black Adder (only made it through about a season, it's good when I'm in the mood, but too.. slapstick? I guess)

Suggestions that I remember, but haven't watched yet:

-Peep Show

That's all, my memories bad. I also have 4 seasons of Dexter to catch up with, but that should take me all of a couple of days out of the grueling three more weeks I have of not being able to put weight on my foot. I never realized how active I am, always thought I was a a bit of a sloth.

Thanks again, everyone.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anything with the Alan Partridge character, played by Steve Coogan.

If you want to be a purist then start with his chat show "Knowing me Knowing You"

Then watch "I'm Alan Partridge" which follows him after the chat show got cancelled

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Mentioned one of these in the other thread. I enjoy both of these.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Snuff Box

Intox_sl

shitlord
I was the one who recommended The Inbetweeners to you. I'm glad you liked it, I don't like to disappoint people. The american remake is worse than an alley way abortion.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Of shows not mentioned (or mentioned enough).

- Red Dwarf
- Bottom
- Men Behaving Badly (also has a horrible american remake that lasted for a season or so)
- Fawlty Towers (only 20 or so episodes, but still some of the best TV comedy ever created in my opinion)
- Black Adder

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
Fresh Meat is fantastic, it's made by the creators of Peep Show and follows the lives of some University students in a shared house. Two seasons totaling 16 episodes!

Oh and Only Fools And Horses is a British classic that is absent from the above posts. It's about two brothers; Del Boy and Rodney, who come up with various get rich schemes in order to become millionaires, which invariably fail for numerous reasons.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will say once again that The Young One's and Bottom are two of my favorites. They are more physical comedy but can be as they say absolutely brilliant!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
League of Gentlemen is the shit. But you need a really warped sense of humor. Those three guys are genius. Glad to see Gatis working on Doctor Who.

An Idiot Abroad is fun. Just downloaded the first two eps of the 3rd series, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

My local PBS used to play an array of Brit sitcoms from the late 80s thru the mid 90s Saturdays and Sundays. It was a great and glorious way to let a hangover subside. There were several good shows, but I can only remember 'Father Ted' and 'Ab Fab'.

In trying to remember the other shows, I came across a nice database compiling all Brit sitcoms since 1936. If you have the time and are fond of a particular time period of sitcom history and want a new show, check it out as the site is broken up into categories by year:

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/year/

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Thin Blue Line

Police comedy with Rowan Atkinson. He's somewhat more of a straight man in this, so it's certainly not Mr Bean in a police uniform. Still very funny and very British. There's only like two seasons of it though.

I love Peep Show, it's dark as hell and very funny. I also liked Inbetweeners (which ended a while back unfortunately). Don't like the others much, although never seen League of Gentlemen or Thick of It though.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Lemon La Vida Loca.

I know the name is stupid, but the show is good. The recent two part christmas special was great. Keith Lemon is a character that has been played by a comedian for the last 10 years or so, in all his work he is in character as Keith Lemon. This series is a spoof documentary, probably similar to the Kardassians? ( I have not watched kardassians).

If you have a spare 30 minutes I really suggest having a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHnpE4KAftQ