Broadcast Signal Intrusion (2021)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Broadcast Signal Intrusion (2021)

Tagline: Follow the tapes.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Horror, Crime

Director: Jacob Gentry

Cast: Harry Shum Jr., Kelley Mack, Chris Sullivan, James Swanton, Justin Welborn, Michael B. Woods, Jennifer Jelsema, Steve Pringle, Madrid St. Angelo, Arif Yampolsky, Anthony E. Cabral, Richard Cotovsky, Jeff Dlugolecki, Thomas Kosik, Preston Tate Jr.

Release: 2021-10-22

Runtime: 104

Plot: In the late 90s, a video archivist unearths a series of sinister pirate broadcasts and becomes obsessed with uncovering the dark conspiracy behind them.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This was a pretty great neo-noire suspense horror. It's on Shudder right now also. A lot of really weird imagery and a lot of great tension building. A few story elements feel a bit scattershot but that ends up tying well into the themes or paranoia and forcing a hypothesis to match the desired outcome. There are some very unsettling sets. Heard a few people complain about the ending but I felt like it wrapped up nicely.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
iu

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This was a pretty great neo-noire suspense horror. It's on Shudder right now also. A lot of really weird imagery and a lot of great tension building. A few story elements feel a bit scattershot but that ends up tying well into the themes or paranoia and forcing a hypothesis to match the desired outcome. There are some very unsettling sets. Heard a few people complain about the ending but I felt like it wrapped up nicely.

Competent acting should be praised as well. The forced plot advancement heading towards the end, when he had gained a final object he was looking for. They sort of had to just say fuck it, here it is, we gotta move this plot forward. Rather than obtain it some other way. Overlooking that, everything else was great.

Dialogue-wise, the ending didn't feel consistent with the tone and quality of the rest of the movie. That'd be my only real complaint.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database