Broadchurch

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Has anyone seen this yet? its basically a season long murder mystery ala The Killing, starring David Tennant and quite a few character actors from other Dr Who episodes (rory as a vicar, dude from dinosaurs on a spaceship episode and co starring the chick in Matt Smith's first episode where she tells him silence will fall). its a much better show than the shit they have on AMC. its a lot better acted. has a conclusion (i watched all the episodes so no spoilers here because i know its on BBCA but not sure if it has concluded yet) Tennant is so good in this, the only critique i have is it tends to go a little over the top with some of the people's reactions at times. -example in real life i stub my toe on the corner of my sofa i would say ow!. in Broadchurch i would say ow! and then get a hatchet and chop the sofa up into tiny pieces in a fit of screaming rage. its just a small critique to an otherwise fantastic series.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
As much as I love David Tennant, he was actually not great in this. The supporting cast was really good though, and I ended up liking the season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
really, thats interesting because i thought he nailed the role as a washed up beat down detective trying to right the wrong he made years ago.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Just watched this a few days ago and found it really enjoyable, it completely keeps you guessing right until the end.

David Tennant is doing the US version as well apparently and there is going to be a season 2 here, I don't really see how though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is funny to me they renamed it Gracepoint for the US version. Would love to have seen the powerpoint or email chain of how that came about.