Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Nasonex

Molten Core Raider
Didn't find a thread regarding this game so I thought I'd make one.

Not sure what countries its available in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPcPDFSLC2M

It's an indie adventure game from Starbreeze studios. You play as two brothers trying to find a cure for your dying father.

You play both brothers at the same time (souns weird I know) using the left and right thumbstick on your controller.

It's easily one of my favorite games this year regarding story and experience.. heck I almost cried at times.

Gotten som great reviews too.

GamesMaster rated the game 91/100 saying, "Short but immensely satisfying, it's Ico meets Limbo in Fable's world. In a word: spellbinding." Edge gave it a 7/10 in its review. It praised the visual style, pace and story, as well as the controls, saying that the control scheme "understands what it means to communicate meaning through interaction"; but it criticised Starbreeze's lack of confidence in making an art game. UK's GamesTM magazine gave Brothers a score of 8/10 in its review in issue 137. Joystiq gave it full score in its review, 5/5. Joystiq's Ludwig Kietzmann says: "It's rare for a game to forge a connection so strong, and even rarer for you to become the connective tissue." Official Xbox Magazine UK praised the game and its touching story and inventive controls. They gave it a review score of 9/10.
The Digital Fix also praised the game and gave it 10/10, with Rob Kershaw writing "Brothers is nothing short of a triumph, glowing brightly in the embers of the dying fire of this console generation and reminding us all why we started playing games in the first place."GameTrailers.com rated the game 88/100 in their positive review, writing "A Tale of Two Sons rubs elbows with Ico and Journey, though the setting and style are a bit more traditional." Sweden's biggest gaming site FZ.se honored the game with 5/5 in its review, describing it as a masterpiece with a very touching story, extremely beautiful landscapes and inventive, well implemented controls.

Elerion

N00b
Brad of Giantbomb was raving about the game on the Bombcast. Calling it likely to be his game of the year.

I'm 1 hour in, and it's pretty good thus far. Nothing mindblowing, but decent two-character puzzles. Good atmosphere. Controlling two separate characters at the same time feels a lot like rubbing your stomach and tapping your chest.

Also, why the heck are you named after my allergy medicine?

rrr_img_43046.jpg

Szlia

Yes. The game is not very long, but varied, original and very well executed.

Note that double analogue gamepad is pretty much mandatory for full effect if played on PC.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Note that double analogue gamepad is pretty much mandatory for full effect if played on PC.
Don't agree, played it using keyboard and didn't have any issues... got used to it after only a few minutes..

And yeah this game is great, very original and excellent gameplay. Short but thoroughly enjoyable.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This game was fantastic. The first hour or so didnt really hook me, but then the areas started to get really interesting. The final segments of the game were perfect, and used the controls in such a cool way.