Bubba Ho-tep (2002)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Bubba Ho-tep (2002)

Tagline: The King vs. The King of the Dead.

Genre: Comedy, Horror, Thriller, Mystery, Fantasy

Director: Don Coscarelli

Cast: Bruce Campbell, Ossie Davis, Ella Joyce, Heidi Marnhout, Bob Ivy, Edith Jefferson, Larry Pennell, Reggie Bannister, Daniel Roebuck, Daniel Schweiger, Harrison Young, Linda Flammer, Cean Okada, Solange Morand, Karen Placencia

Release: 2002-06-09

Runtime: 92

Plot: Bubba Ho-tep tells the "true" story of what really did become of Elvis Presley. We find Elvis as an elderly resident in an East Texas rest home, who switched identities with an Elvis impersonator years before his "death," then missed his chance to switch back. He must team up with JFK and fight an ancient Egyptian mummy for the souls of their fellow residents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I love this movie. It was released years ago and is very hard to get on Blu-Ray now. It's only been available on region B.  It looks like Scream Factory is going to do a collector's edition release of it. For those if you not familiar with their work they try to give the fans of these movies what they want. High quality releases with lots of extras.

http://dailydead.com/comic-con-2016-scream-factory-announces-13-new-titles-including-black-christmas-willard-bubba-ho-tep/

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Huge fan of Bruce Campbell but this movie was shit.

Just sayin

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed Bubba hotep and will watch anything with Campbell, I think they only movie I didnt watch was My Name Is Bruce which I meant to see in in theaters when he was touring it in California and Oregon

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i didnt really appreciate it the first time i watched it, i was like wtf? why is JFK a black guy? second time it all clicked home. its a great movie, if you didnt like it after watching it once, check it out again and it will improve.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I might rewatching it then, but I remember hating it with a passion the first time.

My name is Bruce was funny though

Wrathin3L

Peasant
I think this movie tests whether or not you appreciate BC as an actor. If you think he's just another B/C movie/tv actor then you hate it, but if you crush on that magnificent chin you fall for it.

There's just too much randomness in it for me not to laugh and enjoy it for the quirkiness.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Huge fan of Bruce Campbell but this movie was shit.

Just sayin
Agreed.

i didnt really appreciate it the first time i watched it, i was like wtf? why is JFK a black guy? second time it all clicked home. its a great movie, if you didnt like it after watching it once, check it out again and it will improve.
If it gets to Netflix, I'll give it a second chance.

Fadaar

That guy
It's a lot like Idiocracy. First viewing, wtf is this shit? After multiple viewings you begin to realize the genius of it all... especially when it seems to be coming true.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Damn, I honestly thought I may have been one of the only people on the planet to have actually seen this movie! I bought it on DVD years ago. Bruce Campbell, a mummy, a black JFK, and Elvis? Yes, please!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"He's going to shove that gas can up Jack's ass. Then he's going to shove Jack and his wheelchair up my ass."

To this day that line can still get a laugh out of me.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database