"Bumblebee" Transformers spin-off starring John Cena

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Heroquest was the shit.

Yes it is. My dad got it for me, we played through the main quest and both expansions when I was a kid. Can’t wait until my son is old enough to play, I get to be the game master this time!

Needless

Toe Sucker
is that the girl from 'the edge of seventeen'? she was great in that, would watch this~

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
what? who the fuck does and has ever liked bumblebee?

he never even had the dignity of being a real toy
transformers-g1-bumblebee-card-front.jpg

The fuck is that bullshit? didn't even have a box, if you got bumblee(or clifjumper) you'd feel like your parents were gipping you out of a real toy!!!

Thank God someone said this... BB is an endearing character in the movies but he’s a borderline McDonalds toy.

How or why did they choose to make a movie about him?

Shouldn’t we be getting a Dinobots spin off or something with some substance?

and the shitty for making them change the name of the computer games to Quest for Glory

Quest for Glory 1 and 2 are two of my all time favorite games. After EQ I wanted a MMO set in that world. Instead of FP and Qeynos you could have Rapier and Shapier. The couple that did QFG are making a new game and they, at one time, had some pretty douchebag interactions on their comments/forums with fans. Not sure if all of that is still there or not?

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You Cant See This

cause it will be awful.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Like the rest of you, I am not a fan of BB - his toy was always one of the worst, and even in the old cartoons he was kinda lame. But my 5yo son loves 2 Transformers - BB and OP. Why? No clue, I think it might be the name as mentioned previously.

On a completely unrelated note, I've bought my son a lot of new Transformers (my mom made me give most of mine away when I was a teen /cry) and they are not kid friendly at all - either to transform, or just made of cheap plastic with cheap socket joints. They do not make them like they used to, damn.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
My G1 Optimus Prime's arm broke off within the first month when I was a kid. Still scars me to this date.

Even the Masterpiece Bumblebee pales next to the others.
IMG_5463.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Thank God someone said this... BB is an enduring character in the movies but he’s a borderline McDonalds toy.

How or why did they choose to make a movie about him?

I think you answered that question yourself (if I'm correct in there being a typo in it). The way they have used him speaking through snippets of audio through his radio have made him an endearing character in the movies. And he's gotten a lot of more intimate screen time with the main human characters for them to use that to give him some personality. He never got such lavish treatment in the cartoons. It's made him popular and that popularity is why he is getting his own movie.

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The name thing kinda makes sense. I was a super nerdy / sciency kid so names like Optimus Prime and Soundwave appealed to me, even if I did like real world bees well enough.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My G1 Optimus Prime's arm broke off within the first month when I was a kid. Still scars me to this date.

Even the Masterpiece Bumblebee pales next to the others.
IMG_5463.jpg
Mp bumblebee is like only 30 bucks too, if anyone has a kid, should buy now, cuz it's gonna at least double.

For reference I bought my mp Optimus prime for 70?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think you answered that question yourself (if I'm correct in there being a typo in it). The way they have used him speaking through snippets of audio through his radio have made him an endearing character in the movies. And he's gotten a lot of more intimate screen time with the main human characters for them to use that to give him some personality. He never got such lavish treatment in the cartoons. It's made him popular and that popularity is why he is getting his own movie.

Yep, you caught the typo (well autocorrect on my phone) but even still considering the treatment he recieved, the Transformer's universe is massive and even with G1 characters exclusively considered, i'm not sure BB is where I would have went for a solo movie. He's received more than enough spotlight in my opinion so I would have thought they would have taken the opportunity to explore Transformers that have more of a story. They could have set up HotRod more, Blaster vs. Soundwave, or anything. Most of what I remember of BB was attempting to seek the approval of the other autobot so to put him mostly by himself is out of character. But it is what it is... Michael Bay has made this franchise it's own branch of the Transformer Universe. Just have to turn your brain off and enjoy the explosions.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Y'all know in the comics, bb is like the autobot leader, with a cane? One of three factions, the other us lead by alien robot chick and the other is of course lead by
275px-RID11_trying_on_crowns.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Soundwave Superior
Constructions Inferior

• 1Solidarity

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
I think that it is great that Bumblebee is getting a chance to go from dumpster bin to cool.

I loved loads of the Decipticon toys as a kid, but really only loved two Autobots:
optimus_prime_mp_10_repaint___kungfu_prime_by_xeltecon-d4qnwo7.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Idk, my 3 year old talks about bumblebee. I got him some cheap quickchange Camarro version until he can handle the shitload of Combiner Wars ones I got him as soon as I knew I was having a boy.

I think he just likes the name honestly, cause he likes the cooler jets and police cars better but doesn’t remember the names. He has been asking me lately what the giant Devastator on his bedroom shelf turns into :)

If this is kid friendly I may take him to this. I didn’t really watch any of the movies past the first two, which I didn’t really like.
one of the most triggering things about Transformers were the kid unfriendly bits - they added nothing Nothing of value, yet cranked it closer to inappropriate for bitching fodder.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ohhhhhh.....there was a TCU, although every movie has its own story, unrelated with the rest of the other movies.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't feel good about it, because Michael Bay still walks away with a shitload of money. Fundie conservatives should be picketing him for the abortions he was responsible for.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users