Business Travel

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
we had a luggage thread

i believe @sleevedraw used to be a salesman, maybe get a few tips since you probably should upgrade to something more robust and easier to move

maybe also get an airtag or 2

Is there an android version of an air tag?

Because if I'm traveling to the half+ of the country that allows constitutional carry, or is reciprocal with my carry permit, I'm definitely checking a pistol in my luggage. Fuck going to some backwater shit hole for a week at a time without it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is there an android version of an air tag?

Because if I'm traveling to the half+ of the country that allows constitutional carry, or is reciprocal with my carry permit, I'm definitely checking a pistol in my luggage. Fuck going to some backwater shit hole for a week at a time without it.
theres 2 you can use
samsung smarttag
tile

samsung only works w/ samsung tile works w/ any droid

ppl say samsung works the best out of the 2, i personally tile'd my godson in italy for 2weeks, we had no issue finding him if he was just wandering in a museum, etc.

but if you have a samsung phone, i'd get the smarttag

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
theres 2 you can use
samsung smarttag
tile

samsung only works w/ samsung tile works w/ any droid

ppl say samsung works the best out of the 2, i personally tile'd my godson in italy for 2weeks, we had no issue finding him if he was just wandering in a museum, etc.

but if you have a samsung phone, i'd get the smarttag

Ditched Samsung quite a few years ago because prices got insane. Rolling with a Moto now and super happy with it, so Tile it is.

Thanks, Secret Asian Man.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a biz trip to Finland coming up. I'm going to be in a meeting for a day, but otherwise free to do whatever for however long I want.

I've heard from some folks that it's not worth renting a car, but to take trains everywhere. I also want to visit Norway and Sweden while I'm there.

Any folks visited these places? What's the best way to see the sites?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have a biz trip to Finland coming up. I'm going to be in a meeting for a day, but otherwise free to do whatever for however long I want.

I've heard from some folks that it's not worth renting a car, but to take trains everywhere. I also want to visit Norway and Sweden while I'm there.

Any folks visited these places? What's the best way to see the sites?

If it's still going to be nice weather I'd definitely recommend an excursion through the Norwegian fjords. Unreal beauty.

Anachron

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A bit of a necrobump... and some redundancy to what others already posted.

1. A good credit card is a must - look for ones that give bonuses for restaurants and flights. In my experience, hotel co-brands are generally less beneficial than those with airline co-brands, or restaurant bonuses.
2. As mentioned, sticking with one airline is preferable, but for hotels, there is not much benefit for loyalty once the highest tier is achieved for the year (which qualifies you for the next anyway). At that point, just start building tiers with another chain - keeping in mind which chains will eventually grant lifetime status.
3. Global Entry is a must!
4. Car rentals treat just like hotels, and once the highest tier is reached, just start building tier with another - having multiple high tiers means free upgrades even if the preferred chain is not available.

Interested to hear how it worked out for OP!