Calling all filthy classic beards: need help resolving this conundrum

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Patch notes weren't always right. Especially about changes like that. If there was it would have been retard proof. No one ever zoned out on accident in PoH. In all my time playing the zone as a Mage, SK, monk, I never clicked on anything that ported me out. And I clicked on EVERYTHING.

Not saying it didn't exist tho.

edit: This was before Epic weapons, so you'd think there would be more than a few Rogues who knew where it was had it existed...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my rogue guildies and other rogues on the server sure as hell didnt know about any clicky zone out in pohate. they kept me in business with my swamp port potions when they were camping their epics. ditto bards. if there was a zone out id like to know where the hell it was supposed to be

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
obvious imo: If there had been a zone out, it would be on the maps.
There in lies the problem.

image_zps03dcbba6.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't remember there ever being a zone-out.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
My memory may be a little foggy here, but I do not believe that any of the notables in that map, other than Innoruuk, were live at the time of this patch (Feb 2000). Furthermore, the 'Gate House' was a common reference to the zone-in building. If anything, the screenshot seems to be evidence that there may have been a teleporter down to the zone in.

I had been raiding Plane of Hate quite heavily in February of 2000 on my Warrior. I spent a lot of time interfacing with our rogues as they were the eyes and ears of the raid. I absolutely do not remember any talk of a zone-out being added. Not saying that it wasn't there, but we had no knowledge of it. It could just be that the patch notes were so vague and PoH was so dense that finding a single clickable object to travel out would have been exceptionally difficult. Say what you will about the exit in PoF, it was certainly in a dangerous spot, but you needed to clear that whole temple to pull Cazic, and that wall was quite obvious.

In regards to ShowEQ; I am not sure how those maps are compiled. Does the program actually read the underlying map from the server? Would a clickable exit be automatically flagged by SEQ as a zone boundary?

You can validate the actual patch entry from Alla as well:EverQuest Patches - January 2000 to June 2000. It certainly appears to have been in the original patch notes, and was never mentioned again in 2000.