Camelot Unchained MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why do you idiots like battleground PVP? What could be more meaningless? CS is that way.
The battlegrounds (were supposed to) push territorial control, unlock access to attack fortresses and ultimately the city if you took 2/3 fortresses. So it wasn't (was because it didn't work for months) totally pointless.

Plus, I thought the PvP and progression was kinda fun.

Redtah_sl

shitlord
No one had anything like what an IB had.

Rune Etched Axe + Powered Etchings (tactic) = 360 degree AOE knockback every 10 seconds.
Away with Ye = Single target knockback every 10 seconds.

While they didn't put out a whole lot of damage unless they went great axe they were extraordinary harassers.

Pretty punishing to be able to run into the enemy defensive line, single out a healer, and punt them back into your own forces. Perhaps not as much fun as a marauder grab or while lion fetch but that AoE knockback was just loads of fun.
I liked it (as much as I like any instanced BG), but only because I could farm like crazy on my BW with the combination of open field of view and constricted bridges making it to easy to blast groups with AOE.
Did everyone in this thread play order? No wonder so many people enjoyed the game for the first few months. There was nothing to compare to BW and IB for Destro. What Destro class even had a knockback in T3? I remember being furious whenever TA popped, Either roflstomp newbs or get matched against 10 IBs and a WL (Before the pounce cooldown nerf) and 1 second into the match order has the ball or whatever and now theres an armor of IB to attempt to get by. GL Hell even just one IB could knockback half of a destro team solo. The Sorc/BW class mechanic was bullshit so therefore both classes were dumb but man looking at the sorc specs and the BW specs was night and day. BW dot spec had like 2 healing debuffs and 2 knockdowns, BW had an aoe stun on Morale 2, shit was just disgusting to look at fire everywhere debuffs everywhere.

Pretty much everyone had a kb..I loved it on my white lion they would kb and I hit pounce a be right back on them
I honestly don't remember any Destruction classes having a KB in t3, maybe black orcs did? It was probably part of a chain or something dumb to. Tor Anroc was basically hey if you hated fire wizards and ironbreakers before now you'll really hate them cause there is even more fire and lava everywhere to burn in!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It's been a while but werent the classes pretty much mirrors with only minor differences? Although a knockback might be 'minor' in the eyes of oblivious designers.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
It's been a while but werent the classes pretty much mirrors with only minor differences?
In theory, yeah. In reality, a lot of the pairings had one class which was obviously superior in almost every way, as was the case with BW's on Order v. Sorc's on Destruction.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
In WAR I played a warrior priest and an iron breaker into the teens during the first weeks, didnt have spare time for games for 2 months at that point and when I got back later the game had already collapsed so I left. No hard feelings because I had my fun and they had some nice concepts like public quests and both classes I played were a ton of fun. Looks like I did everything right with that game!

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I played an engineer when WAR released. Class sucked...
Engineers in beta actually had a respectable sniper build they could utilize for decent burst potential but into release it was pretty much nerfed. They still had some great tools and did lots of pressure damage but if you were looking for a high body count with them you'd be disappointed.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Engineers in beta actually had a respectable sniper build they could utilize for decent burst potential but into release it was pretty much nerfed. They still had some great tools and did lots of pressure damage but if you were looking for a high body count with them you'd be disappointed.
They weren't tanky enough to justify the low burst dmg, so in most instances I was a sitting duck.

Couple this with their mediocre pve abilities and you've got the perfect recipe for disappointment.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
If anyone that played/plays Uthgard Daoc has anything on Hib that could help the 7 of us that rolled there fresh pm me. Thanks.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Uthgard has 1000+ players consistently everyday atm, I don't know where they are but it's pretty crazy.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Uthgard has 1000+ players consistently everyday atm, I don't know where they are but it's pretty crazy.
Does leveling suck there? I'm tempted to play again, but unlike 10 years ago when I rushed to 50 in 3 weeks, I have no desire to grind a 50 out at legacy experience rates for EMU shard.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did everyone in this thread play order? No wonder so many people enjoyed the game for the first few months. There was nothing to compare to BW and IB for Destro. What Destro class even had a knockback in T3? I remember being furious whenever TA popped, Either roflstomp newbs or get matched against 10 IBs and a WL (Before the pounce cooldown nerf) and 1 second into the match order has the ball or whatever and now theres an armor of IB to attempt to get by. GL Hell even just one IB could knockback half of a destro team solo. The Sorc/BW class mechanic was bullshit so therefore both classes were dumb but man looking at the sorc specs and the BW specs was night and day. BW dot spec had like 2 healing debuffs and 2 knockdowns, BW had an aoe stun on Morale 2, shit was just disgusting to look at fire everywhere debuffs everywhere.

I honestly don't remember any Destruction classes having a KB in t3, maybe black orcs did? It was probably part of a chain or something dumb to. Tor Anroc was basically hey if you hated fire wizards and ironbreakers before now you'll really hate them cause there is even more fire and lava everywhere to burn in!
I played order cause after beta I saw the writing on the wall with destro zerging it up. So I rolled wl but eventally played all classes.

Pre 1.2 mirrors

We> wh
Maurd> wl even tho fetch with speed training and pouce was op prior to the range nerf.
Ib no mirror op as fuck
Bo> Sm
Dok=Wp after regen chalice/books Wp better
Bw> sorc cause of bugs but wop was and still is op
Chosen no mirror broke as fuck
Archmage> shamman
Squid> sw
Rp=zea
Eng> mag

After the 1.2 patch shit all fliped order as the main badass destro class was nerfed but chosen got fixed and became and still is the best tank in the game as ib died a slow death.

Destro class with kb tier 3
Magnus morale and ablity
Zealot 2 kb aoe and single
Chosen 1 melee
Bo 1 melee
Shaman one Aoe.
Sh 2 one morale one on the squid

But your right ib had the best until bg got there super punt. Connversly sm had the worst kb

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
SB was so tanky it wasn't even funny built right with toughness and their aoe root was sick. Detaunts/taunts if used right were game changers, so we switching your guard around.

Would play a rerelease of said game. No emus, kthx.

Redtah_sl

shitlord
I played order cause after beta I saw the writing on the wall with destro zerging it up. So I rolled wl but eventally played all classes.

Pre 1.2 mirrors

We> wh
Maurd> wl even tho fetch with speed training and pouce was op prior to the range nerf.
Ib no mirror op as fuck
Bo> Sm
Dok=Wp after regen chalice/books Wp better
Bw> sorc cause of bugs but wop was and still is op
Chosen no mirror broke as fuck
Archmage> shamman
Squid> sw
Rp=zea
Eng> mag

After the 1.2 patch shit all fliped order as the main badass destro class was nerfed but chosen got fixed and became and still is the best tank in the game as ib died a slow death.

Destro class with kb tier 3
Magnus morale and ablity
Zealot 2 kb aoe and single
Chosen 1 melee
Bo 1 melee
Shaman one Aoe.
Sh 2 one morale one on the squid

But your right ib had the best until bg got there super punt. Connversly sm had the worst kb
WP were always better than DOKs, They had an easier time landing skill is if they were melee and their styles did more damage because it was based off a 2h damage and not one 1h. Also they had an easier time healing because their heals delved for slightly more except for the 11 point ability sigmars refresher or whatver which actually have a WHOLE EXTRA TICK for the entire time I played. now i know not much of this really matters but heres the one point that actually does. Smite was the best resource gainer ability for WP, it was castable on the move and gave a guranteed 15? resource and an ADDITIONAL 15 for every target it hit. DOK Equivalent? instant cast that gave only 15 resource if it hit atleast 1 person and no additional per extra target hit. Resource management was a joke on my WP but was a pain in the ass on my DOK until chalices/books and then both were pretty even except wait WP got an AOE detaunt and DOK only got single target. Imbalance much? Not really sure about BO/SM both classes were terribly buggy. Witch Hunters were always better than Witch Elves. WH/WE was like BW/Sorc again WH got a shit ton of utility and even some ranged skills movement barbs healing barbs so much more utility and around the same damage at WE. I don't know why Archmages would have been better than Shaman I actually would have put that the other way but I didn't know enough about AMs to refute this. Chosen were broke and so were IB but chosen got nerfed before KOTBS came out and IB did not before BG came out. So when the mirrors finally launched BG was a joke and KOTBS was as good if not better than chosen. SW were so bad Squids were bad at launch too but got buffed shortly thereafter and became awesome gods of ranged damage. Maurader > WL until they nerfed the way time buildup skills worked. Conc blow used to make instant spells have a cast time so it was actually a feasible way for us to kill WP groups then it got nerfed and WL > Maurader.

Redtah_sl

shitlord
SB was so tanky it wasn't even funny built right with toughness and their aoe root was sick. Detaunts/taunts if used right were game changers, so we switching your guard around.

SB, I assume you mean SM?

Does leveling suck there? I'm tempted to play again, but unlike 10 years ago when I rushed to 50 in 3 weeks, I have no desire to grind a 50 out at legacy experience rates for EMU shard.
The leveling on Uthgard is the only reason there are only 1000 people instead of 4000 people playing it everyday. Every single criticism of the server I have personally seen is why the XP hasn't been adjusted and if only it was easier to level then that person and 12 of their friends would play everyday.

If you can deal with 12 years ago grinding and eventually becoming 50 its totally worth it, but understandable if you say F that.

Me and 5/6 friends have been doing it and mostly enjoying the Bullshitting while we level so it hasn't been too brutal.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I would too long as all classes were in anf the 4 missing cities. It the last mmo that I played for longer then 6 months. I enjoyed open rvr zerg hunting or surfing and quality premade v premade sc.. if mj can get this thing uo speed ill be all in I have doubts but iam rooting for him

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I can read the headlines now, "Game maker raises $2m and disappears into the night."