Camelot Unchained MMO

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
Never been a fan of Mark Jacobs, but I loved the hell out of DAoC and I wasn't it's biggest fan out of the gate - it grew on me. The game had a lot of problems and some obvious flaws at release, but most games do.

I think it peaked for me during the Dred servers when I played with Combine on Andred. I know it's an RvR game, but it was the most fun I ever had in All vs All PvP, which includes Shadowbane (if the server stability upon launch was better, I might have ranked it higher than DAoC). Game sure as hell wasn't perfect, but it was good - till ToA.

Some ex-Combine and myself have been watching this game, but after being jaded by so many MMOs offering meaningful PvP over the years, we're not getting our hopes up. If no other game has gotten our attention by the time this launches, I would say some of us will give it a whirl.

Infinite range spells with tab targeting...
Yeah, it sounds like a disaster, but I would hope that "feature" gets fixed along the road toward completion. They've got time, but that doesn't mean they'll use it efficiently.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't want to be a 'knees too sharp' guy, but I feel like they shouldn't be showing off the game in that state. It's too raw and makes me feel like that's about as good as it's going to get.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
can you define the combat 'feel' thing better? I understand its important but what exactly are we referring to here? Some games punish you for mistiming an attack or dodge by getting you stuck in an animation that you can't get out of immediately. But I don't personally think that's necessarily a bad thing always. Is bad netcode what you mean? (Ffxiv and its slightly desynced telegraphs for example)

Redtah_sl

shitlord
Some ex-Combine and myself have been watching this game, but after being jaded by so many MMOs offering meaningful PvP over the years, we're not getting our hopes up. If no other game has gotten our attention by the time this launches, I would say some of us will give it a whirl.
I would be surprised if this wasn't basically every single person's outlook on CU / Crowfall / every MMO at this point.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't want to be a 'knees too sharp' guy, but I feel like they shouldn't be showing off the game in that state. It's too raw and makes me feel like that's about as good as it's going to get.
/shrug You're just following the herd. Everyone does it from time to time. The herd on this site early on decided that Wildstar was the holy grail and pumped it up incessantly, while bashing TES. Both games weren't what was promised but it is pretty clear that Wildstar was the bigger failure financially.

From day one this game has been a favorite to bash on from people like Draegan etc. Understandable given the history of Mark Jacobs, but short sighted. While CrowFall is the new holy grail. The path is predictable, everyone will jump on the CF hopium train while throwing pot shots at CU. It's kind of amusing to watch.

Personally, I hope (ium) both these games succeed (backed them both), but will wait until I have a game in my hands to actually play before stating that one or the other is "terrible" or a failure.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
/shrug You're just following the herd. Everyone does it from time to time. The herd on this site early on decided that Wildstar was the holy grail and pumped it up incessantly, while bashing TES. Both games weren't what was promised but it is pretty clear that Wildstar was the bigger failure financially.

From day one this game has been a favorite to bash on from people like Draegan etc. Understandable given the history of Mark Jacobs, but short sighted. While CrowFall is the new holy grail. The path is predictable, everyone will jump on the CF hopium train while throwing pot shots at CU. It's kind of amusing to watch.

Personally, I hope (ium) both these games succeed (backed them both), but will wait until I have a game in my hands to actually play before stating that one or the other is "terrible" or a failure.
I don't even know what the herd is doing really. My guild (PRX) is super pumped for this game, so I'm just assuming that most old-school PvPers are too.

I know very little about this game. That was literally the first time I've seen gameplay of it. And all I am saying is that most of the time I see alpha footage it looks like a raw version of what I see in release. Maybe some tweaks here, better spell effects, a few bad animations are fixed, the UI art is usually totally different etc. But generally it looks very similar to what it was in alpha.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't even know what the herd is doing really. My guild (PRX) is super pumped for this game, so I'm just assuming that most old-school PvPers are too.

I know very little about this game. That was literally the first time I've seen gameplay of it. And all I am saying is that most of the time I see alpha footage it looks like a raw version of what I see in release. Maybe some tweaks here, better spell effects, a few bad animations are fixed, the UI art is usually totally different etc. But generally it looks very similar to what it was in alpha.
No one in my immediate pvp circle thinks this game is heading in the right direction.

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
I would be surprised if this wasn't basically every single person's outlook on CU / Crowfall / every MMO at this point.
Ditto, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Part of me is amazed at the amount of trash that has been released. I'm sure every "trash" game may have had something to bring to the table, but even a homeless guy can find something edible in a dumpster.

I hope it turns out to be good, but not holding my breath for it.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Getting 55-60 fps with that many players on the screen plus spell effects is noteworthy. I heard the guy say that the physics are 100% server-side, but did he say what the specs were on the PC that ran the game for the video?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Both CF and CU are promising good PVP games. I'm partial to CF because the combat will be twitch/action based while this one is tab target based. I hope both are good games because I love options. I'm skeptical that either game will work/play/deliver what they expect because that's how MMOs are these days.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
is it just me or does the demony looking character look like they have wings on their butt in the video?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol okay so apparently I am not imagining things.

* We have no intention of changing the butt-wings at the present time. Some in the Community love them, some hate them and most don't have a strong opinion. That works for me.
smile.png

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
That's one fuck ugly game.
Based on what other folks in this thread have said regarding the art assets being all placeholder I would think so. The engine looks solid and well optimized thus far but I just wonder how much that's going to change when they start adding in higher res textures and models?