Camelot Unchained MMO

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Faction balance has never worked well.
Wrong.

2 faction pvp has never worked well. 3 faction pvp hasn't been done much but when it has, it worked.

I'm not against ffa pvp mmos, they can be fun and exciting. Eve is a testament to that. But generally ffa pvp mmos fail hard after the first couple months of fun. They are much harder to design for the long term than 3 faction games.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wrong.

2 faction pvp has never worked well. 3 faction pvp hasn't been done much but when it has, it worked.

I'm not against ffa pvp mmos, they can be fun and exciting. Eve is a testament to that. But generally ffa pvp mmos fail hard after the first couple months of fun. They are much harder to design for the long term than 3 faction games.
Just reinforces Crowfall's campaign reset feature after months of beating the shit out of each other.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to Crowfall. I like what they are trying to do. Looking forward toCamelotalso. They both look great to me. Hoping at least one of these live up to their promises.

I never understood the idiotic need of some people to jump and piss all over a game just because they are supporting a different game. More choices are good for everyone.

Nobody knows which of these is going to work, anyone claiming they do is a fucking shit. But that's par for the course on the interwebs.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
DAoC faction balance worked just fine with 3v3. Also they are not building a PVE world. They don't have to spend development time on quests and 5000 different mob models. There will be aggro NPCs but they are not central to progression and are more about holding territory.

What's never sold well? FFA. Darkfall, AoC, and Shadowbane all failed miserably. Even L2 took a shit in the NA market. EVE is all you have and it's a space sim.
The faction balance in DAOC was actually pretty fucking astounding once they got settled into a decent groove, especially considering the fact that they didn't have mirrored classes (can you imagine an MMO today releasing with shit like bonedancers, bolt-range mezz, baseline stun, pac healers, theurgists, etc?). There was a fairly constant issue was population on most servers (generally in the form of the albzerg), but that was fairly self regulating with the 3 faction system and anti-zerg mechanics which allowed smaller groups to take on much larger, less coordinated groups.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The people making this game are the people who kept trying to ruin the original game.

The original was good by accident, every attempt by the bigbrains behind it to make it conform to their vision made it worse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is one of two games I kickstarted and I'm prepared to be disappointed. They have better done some incredible things with the UI, it was some dogshit 1990s MMO stuff last time I checked.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The people making this game are the people who kept trying to ruin the original game.

The original was good by accident, every attempt by the bigbrains behind it to make it conform to their vision made it worse.

A story as old as time.