Can the US just ban Celsius from the world please?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_52101.jpg

It's just as bad the as Euro's trying to display the date as like 06/12/2013(December 06, 2013). Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Canada uses a weird mix of both metric and imperial measurements so we can speak pretty objectively, and we unanimously agree that Fahrenheit is retarded. Unless you need to use the oven, then you better break out the Fahrenheit thermometer.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Celsius is less precise than Fahrenheit. Why would anyone want to use Celsius?

iannis

Musty Nester
No, we need them to continue using C instead of F.

The drones are going to have to have SOMETHING to hone in on. You can program them to go kill brown people but you can't just program them to go kill white people. That'scrazy.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Water its all water . . .

10cm by 10cm by 10cm of water is a litre and weighs 1 kilogram. And to raise the temp of a litre by 1 deg CELSIUS take a kilojoule of energy

Water freezes at 0 deg Celsius and boils at 100.

It's an easy to understand and rational system, just realise that and adopt it.

/Sheldon mode

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when i was a school kid in the 70s we learned all the metric system because the teacher said, "we are switching over to the metric system in a few years so we need to learn it" well its 35 years later and shit still hasnt switched over yet. i dont care either way. cold is cold and hot is hot no matter what system is used.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Kelvin is even more precise. Why not use that?
What? No it isn't.

And precise isn't really the right word since nothing is stopping you from using decimals.

Now if you were forced to use integers then rankine/Fahrenheit have a better resolution.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
when i was a school kid in the 70s we learned all the metric system because the teacher said, "we are switching over to the metric system in a few years so we need to learn it" well its 35 years later and shit still hasnt switched over yet. i dont care either way. cold is cold and hot is hot no matter what system is used.
Yep, I was there learning metric, too. Then, nothing happened? I think it was Carter making the push? Dunno, but it was around that time.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Metric? Cool. Celsius? Whatever, fine.

Not on board with the date thing. It's just how you say the date in english vs. how latin ones do. We say January 6th, they say 6 January or 6th of January. When is your birthday dudebro? March 15th brodude.

I can understand the continentals waving the white flag, but England has no excuse. English rules the world, and we'll hold out over here in the land of the free while Europe is conquered by islam and/or our deluge of tv/cinema/videogames/apps/etc. England will return to the proper date order eventually.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
England is thankfully holding out on the long and short scale numbering systems. The continent was going short, then did a wacky reversal to long like Namibia being the only tarded country in the world flipping from driving on the right to driving on the left.

sdcpwGL.png

We might be able to win this one and turn the tide against the continentals trying to culture victory us through our date order.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The metric system is infinitely superior. Also, precision has nothing to do with either Celsius or Fahrenheit, as that comes from whatever instrument you are using to take a measurement.

Inches, feet, yards and miles need to burn in the firey pits of hell.