Can you help me identify this arcade game I played in USSR in late 1980s?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I think it appeared in Soviet arcades right around when the wall fell, so 1989-1990.

It was in an arcade cabinet, 2 player, with joysticks and buttons.
Some arcades at that time kind of jerry rigged console games into arcade cabinet, so this might not have been a real true arcade cabinet game
The game was would show you a 2D map, kinda like Donkey Kong NES
1598228587622.png
You controlled like a little alien or spaceman dude and you'd jump around different platforms and ladders collecting fruits and coins with a couple of bad guys kinda patrolling the screen i think
The maps werent dark like the Donkey Kong screenshot, they usually had light backgrounds I think
You could play with 2 players on same screen, and you'd compete against each other to collect fruits and coins
I think there was a timer
Once you collected all the goodies, that round was over and you'd be shown a different map/screen. This was not a scroller game

It was possibly an Atari game stuffed into an arcade cabinet because I remember around that time there were a lot of other Atari games played in cabinets like Moon Patrol

Anyone heard of anything like that? Sorry I cant provide more details

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

?

ponpoko.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

I played a lot of those but I'm 99% certain the game I'm referring to was imported and was not a native Soviet arcade game. I think it had to be Japanese or American

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I thought in late 1980s soviet union video games played you?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X