Cancelled Mega Man FPS

Neph_sl

shitlord
Polygon wrote up an awesome article aboutMaverick Hunter, a canned Mega Man FPS

Turning the blaster into a machine gun and charged shots into missiles just doesn't feel right. The dash attack and using enemies weapons was interesting, but I wish they had examples of bosses and their abilities.

It's a seriously interesting concept, but overall pretty bad

an accordion_sl

shitlord
a cancelled megaman game? you don't say...

Do not like the gameplay they had intended with this, glad it was canned.

Just give us Megaman X9 in 2D HD hand-drawn graphics.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Wtf is this shit? Like others, glad it never saw the light of day. Damn blasphemers.

Caliane

the fuck?
Who thought that was a good idea?

(this should have been in either the wtf or industry fuckups)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Gameplay-wise I don't think this looks too bad. I'm not a fan of switching the blaster to bullets + missiles, but I think Mega Man could very easily translate into a FPS format.

That said, I really don't like the art style they were going with. I can't really explain why, but it just doesn't seem right for a Mega Man game.

I think the most surprising thing I learned from the article is that the Mega Man games have a cohesive story! I always figured they were more along the lines of Zelda, with different, loosely connected (if connected at all) stories. I never played all of the Mega Man games, and the ones I did play were most likely out of order, so I guess I just never realized that they were all connected.