Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_136584.jpg

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well its kinda stupid to name a black superhero as black whatever.
I feel like this is a fair point, especially considering that PanthersAREblack.

Also I think it was a lot of jokes in the AoU thread about that being BP because of Black Heimdall and such stuff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
False. There is no such thing as a Panther. 'Black Panthers' are a melanistic color variant of a Leopard or a Jaguar. It's basically the opposite of albinism.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Marvel doesn't go DUR DUR in calling their black characters BLACK SUPERHERO!

besides black panther, cuz well, it's basically after that 60s movement group.

DC however, goes really Derp

Black Eagle
Black Lightning
Black Racer
Black Spider
Black Vulcan
Black wing

Black Adam is arguably ethnic, rules over basically Iraq and is played by the Rock

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Also I think it was a lot of jokes in the AoU thread about that being BP because of Black Heimdall and such stuff.
exactly, not too many white panthers chilling out with their homies. could just call him The Panther or Pantherman or King Panther

Marvel doesn't go DUR DUR in calling their black characters BLACK SUPERHERO!

DC however, goes really Derp

Black Eagle
Black Lightning
Black Racer
Black Spider
Black Vulcan
Black wing

Black Adam is arguably ethnic, rules over basically Iraq and is played by the Rock
those are equally retarded. well black eagle maybe not so much because there are different kinds of eagles

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
False. There is no such thing as a Panther. 'Black Panthers' are a melanistic color variant of a Leopard or a Jaguar. It's basically the opposite of albinism.
I was attempting to refer to the common mythological beast most people think of when they hear 'panther' but yes, REAL panthers are just different-colored other large cats. Although they're still called panthers by some and still black so them not being their own species is fairly moot since no one would ever call a regularly colored jaguar a panther :p

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Black Panther predated the 60's group, though it was published the same year that they came into existence.

And there are species of large cats, which are not black, that are primarily called panthers.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Panthera is a genus of the Felidae family that includes lions, tigers, jaguars, leopards, and snow leopards. The closest thing there is to a big cat species called panther is the florida panther, which is a puma subspecies.

Royal

I didn't say there was a panther species, I said there are large cats, which are not black, that are primarily referred to as panthers.

Royal

What species of large cats that aren't panthers but are primarily called panthers are you referring to?
Yeah I'll end the derail after this but you mentioned one yourself. The eastern cougar was (they're officially considered extinct) referred to as panther here in NC. Some really old people back when I was really young would use a bastardized version of the name; painter or painter cat.

Caliane

The cougar has an amazing number of local names.
Mountain lion, Cougar, Panther, Painter, Catamount, Puma, Ghost cat, Screamer.