Captain Marvel (2019)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This is getting shat on by Rolling Stones and Vox, it's going to be a glorious bloodbath when people en masse start reviewing it.

It's about time the Marvel formula came under scrutiny too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
fiege's already said as much. i don't remember his exact phrasing but it was something like, "leading us into the next phase of the MCU." it's like they are expecting her to take over for RDJ...

They have no answer to losing RDJ and Evans. If they really hung their hat on Brie then they are fucked. I don't know why they would have ever thought that in the first place to be honest. She doesn't have the presence/charisma that RDJ or even Evans can carry. Truthfully, Pratt could have filled this role as leader of the Avengers. Especially since they were supposed to be changing teams after GotG 3 anyway.

There is one note though. There are currently no Marvel movies filming and there will be almost a year gap between Spidey Far From Home and the next Marvel movie. If there are any big moves that are going to be made because of Brie it will happen then. Especially since they should have all the Fox stuff locked up pretty soon.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is framed as an easter egg video for into the spider-verse, but a huge chunk of it demonstrates why that movie was so good. there was a legitimate hero's journey that was significantly impacted by the people who lifted miles up.

obviously i haven't seen the movie but it seems to be what is fundamentally missing from all the trailers. captain marvel is just super powered and the only influence from other seems to be negative (the kree manipulating her, fury needing to be corrected all the time)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Top critics on RT right now.
rottencap3.png

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my theory: Larson fucked Feige to get her position, the whole SJW act is just overcompensation out of guilt

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There is one note though. There are currently no Marvel movies filming

this actually gives me hope that they're not really all-in on Captain Marvel being the new MCU lead. makes me think that they're waiting to see public reaction before they commit to it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Marvel looking at the low review scores: "We should have cast a black Captain Marvel after all"
they probably would have if they didnt just introduce a new black superhero last year in an entire country of magic negroes. people might get her confused as a lost wakandan. they also would wonder why she is so op compared to BP.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I would hate to see it happen, but imagine if this "bombed" enough that they cancelled Black Widow.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
they probably would have if they didnt just introduce a new black superhero last year in an entire country of magic negroes. people might get her confused as a lost wakandan. they also would wonder why she is so op compared to BP.

At least they didn't jump straight into Muslim Ms. Marvel like they almost did.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
my theory: Larson fucked Feige to get her position, the whole SJW act is just overcompensation out of guilt
You just described most of hollywood.
So she totally worked out 7 days a week for 9 months before they started filming, then 3 months before they started shooting, she also started doing 2 hours of stunt training every day. that's why she's so buff

‘I was completely bruised’: Brie Larson on ‘Captain Marvel’ stunts
We went over this like 5 pages ago, shes a lying cunt.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
fiege's already said as much. i don't remember his exact phrasing but it was something like, "leading us into the next phase of the MCU." it's like they are expecting her to take over for RDJ...
Sadly it appears that Black Panther has tricked Feige into thinking that getting Woke will be the new Path™ to Phase4 riches. He has seemingly started with Captain Marvel to bet the MCU farm on this asshole and her ultra-radical intersectional feminist agenda. Are there no movies announced because they are holding off due to Endgame, trying to finish up the merger with Fox, or because they are waiting to see how people react to the next film in the Woke Era?

The smell of fear coming off people like Jeremy Jahns is palpable. He would be excommunicated if he called it the way it appears to be: This is a piece of ideological propaganda with an agenda masquerading as a movie. This movie will be reviewed 10% higher than it should be by folks who don't want to be called out and dragged around the town square on Twitter (and probably 10% by folks who agree with the agenda and don't care about the quality of the movie).

My confidence in Lord Feige is shaken. I have heard that they have filmed two endings to Endgame. Depending how that comes out we will know if the MCU survives The Great Get Woke Go Broke debacle of 2019.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

You're ruining my very mediocre joke about how black = higher review scores for shitty movies. It could have been another Academy Best Picture nominee!

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You're ruining my very mediocre joke about how black = higher review scores for shitty movies. It could have been another Academy Best Picture nominee!

Don't worry they will add the "Most Woke" Oscar next year for... umm.. Ratings!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the whole "the first captain marvel was black" is stupid because it's wrong. the first captain marvel was an alien named Mar-Vel. and then carol danvers was Ms Marvel for forever. going from ms marvel to captain marvel wasn't her taking over for monica like hawkeye taking over ronin.

the break between phase 3 and 4 isn't a new thing. fiege has been talking about there being a shift in what they are doing. he didn't go into details because it seemed to have a lot to do with how end game wraps up, but this was back when end game was still titled "infinity war part 2"