Car rental in US

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That's interesting. Is your company in canada? Maybe different states and countries have different rules. I've noticed big companies that have been around forever will have A+ ratings and it doesn't usually mean anything is wrong with the company.
Yeah, Canada. We've been around since 1958, and at least in the last 3 years haven't had any complaints filed against us, so I guess that's why we're A+. We don't really deal with the public a whole lot, so that's why a) I don't care if someone reports us and b) why we don't get reported in the first place. We're in construction, and your reputation travels just fine without the BBB, which to me is more about retail businesses or at least ones that deal with the general public. If we fuck up a job, a general contractor or owner isn't going to run to the BBB. They're just going to not pay us, sue us, or go after our bond if we happen to have one on the project.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You put way too much faith in the BBB tuco. In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret. Be wary of companies that have the A+ rating from the BBB. Because the only way you get that is to become a member in good standing, which gives you the right to dispute complaints. The only reason anyone in their right mind pays through the nose to become a member is because they have complaints lodged against them that they want cleared up. When I check a company with the BBB, I look for an A, B, or no rating at all. If it's no rating, that means the company has never had a complaint filed and thus is not on the BBB's radar. Since they lose 10 points for refusing to play the game, anything higher than an A means they paid for it. B is what they would get if they had 1 or 2 complaints and refused to join up.

And the dispute resolution is a joke. If the company is a member in good standing, the BBB trusts them when they come back and say the dispute was resolved.
I don't really have faith in the BBB, I'm just saying that I'd close the door on any insurance company that tried to pull that shit with me.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Oh you meant the insurance company, for some reason I thought you meant the car rental company. I was mad enough at them to call the state board of insurance. I didn't get anywhere by doing that. It's all good though. I think the agent was running some kind of scam and he had been fired by the time my rates even went up. I have no idea if they figured it out themselves, or if it was because I called the state board, as I never heard back from the state board. I just know when the manager looked into my past claims he was like, "ooooh, this was [whateverthefuckhisnamewas]. I can't ask him, he doesn't work here anymore" And he wouldn't tell me why, just that what he did was completely wrong in every way and he was completely silent when I guessed it was because he had been running scams.