Car ?'s

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
some nut musta tried to steal my 2002 civic rim or something, b/c of wfh my civic has been sittin in the driveway for a year, which was bad b/c my alternator locked up, but i fixed that. so anyway now i resolve to take it out at least once a month, and last week the driverside wheel felt loose, so i got out my torque wrench and... nuttin it spins funny. so i try to remove it and it feels wrong, well cross threaded? lug nuts bonded to wheel studs? well going lefty loosey it snapped off. ok

then another...

the third too?

holy shit all 4 studs.

replaced a wheel stud b4 on the subbie, you guys walked me through it, it was simple. the civic is not simple, there is no port hole to knock the stud out and put one in, you have to remove the whole entire hub.

or go about this in a super horrible way, like slicing up the wheel stud, b/c of clearance
728aec204255c29c5dc7aa8fb46690b9.png

(did this for all 4 new wheel studs, well 5 actually i bought an extra in case and i used it b/c 1 threads were messed up)

and grinding in a groove for the wheel stud to slide into
87d5cf825f9e301e7ba131fa596a2ba3.jpg

but this also means every wheel stud that has to be knocked out needs to be cut also.

went through 4 metal dremel discs

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So just take the damn hub off then. And while youre at it get some new bearings and pack them. I would have just bought the new hub with studs already.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean this shit is so cheap these days with china parts its a no brainer just to replace the whole god damned thing. those hubs are prob like $30 or some shit. Plus when you gind away the bolts like that you weaken them by at least 1/3 and expose the surfaces you grinded to cracking later. Not to mention applying heat through grinding thus removing the hardness. I know it prob wont happen but I would not risk that shit.

edit: here you go...

1667864237973.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean this shit is so cheap these days with china parts its a no brainer just to replace the whole god damned thing. those hubs are prob like $30 or some shit. Plus when you gind away the bolts like that you weaken them by at least 1/3 and expose the surfaces you grinded to cracking later. Not to mention applying heat through grinding thus removing the hardness. I know it prob wont happen but I would not risk that shit.
not just 1 bolt all four!

Fucker

Log Wizard

edit: here you go...
I think Lanx just likes doing things the hard way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

Hadn't seen this posted here yet. Answers a lot of the questions that seem to always come up. Coal powered EV's, more co2 to create the EV in the first place, etc...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>

Hadn't seen this posted here yet. Answers a lot of the questions that seem to always come up. Coal powered EV's, more co2 to create the EV in the first place, etc...
I know I am probably in the minority but I dont own a Tesla because I give a shit about the environment. I do care about the environment but in a sane boomer sort of way.

I drive a Tesla because it is fun to drive. Not buying gas these days is a bonus but the cost of the car still outweighs the savings. Oh, and it has gullwing doors which look badass.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I know I am probably in the minority but I dont own a Tesla because I give a shit about the environment. I do care about the environment but in a sane boomer sort of way.

I drive a Tesla because it is fun to drive. Not buying gas these days is a bonus but the cost of the car still outweighs the savings. Oh, and it has gullwing doors which look badass.
I own two because they are fun to drive, fast as hell, and have great tech.

The economy, enviro-friendly other stuff is absolutely just a bonus. I sold my 911 Turbo after having my P85 for a while - found I was never taking the 911 out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

is the gullwing model the one that looks like a trapezoid from the rear? cuz that looks ugly driving down the road, just saw one