Carrie

kroenen

Regimen Morum
8,088
34,568
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Carrie

Genre: Mystery, Drama

First aired: 2026-10-07

Creator: Mike Flanagan

Cast: Summer H. Howell, Samantha Sloyan, Siena Agudong, Alison Thornton, Joel Oulette, Josie Totah, Arthur Conti, Thalia Dudek, Amber Midthunder, Matthew Lillard

Overview: Misfit high-schooler Carrie White has spent her life in seclusion with her domineering mother. After her father's sudden death, Carrie finds herself contending with the challenges of attending public high school, a bullying scandal, and the emergence of mysterious telekinetic powers.
 

Mahes

Silver Baronet of the Realm
7,165
11,480

Well at least the movie does not take place in Chicago with a black actress.

It is odd how no screen version has ever played her as the "chunky" version in the book. In this day and age you would think the literal description from the book would fit right in with the politics.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
17,021
15,849
I don't know whats worse. that they remade Carrie again.. or that the last one with Chloe Moretz was 13 years ago...


Carrie I think is funny. to do a modern remake I think you have to completely change the story. Religious zealot mom, and bully mean girls makes some sense in the 70's.
but now, we have social media, we have the Xmen and Marvel movies, and few religious moms.. psycho drunk single moms are a bigger problem.

Chronicle is of course a more Modern Carrie.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
8,874
28,067
You left out the best part, Caliane Caliane . Carrie in the books is fat, ugly, and stupid. She only falls for the mean girls' plan because she is too dumb to realize that they are setting her up. I would love to see King try and defend that story now that he believes the Future is Female.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,328
45,188
Yes! The remake exactly 0 people asked for!
You know the real crappy thing is Mike Flanagan's pretty good, and I look forward to whatever projects he's typically pushing out, but this definitely isn't one of them.

Last I heard he was supposed to be doing the dark towers series, and instead of pissing away time and effort on this, fucker could have been working on that.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
11,276
61,626
How about we take a break from all the murder porn that caters to women that are feeling the sads.

1789006050910.png
 

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
12,436
30,933
This is surprisingly good so far (disclaimer: only watched ep 1)

One of my favorite parts is that the dad and mom almost entirely come across as rational people who share many of my views, instead of some cartoonish evil.
 

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,393
43,155
I love how the women are written. Most of them completely nuts. Which is to say accurately portrayed.
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
7,994
2,645
Have watched the first couple of episodes and it seems pretty good so far. Unless I am uninformed, Carrie has always been a unique, singular telepath, right? Seems they're going a one-of-many angle with this one. The mean girls antagonist is a little too on the nose but whatever.

Looking forward to Carrie being introduced to the gang in Vought Rising or whatever the next stupid Boys spinoff is.
 

Juvarisx

Florida
6,453
9,331
Have watched the first couple of episodes and it seems pretty good so far. Unless I am uninformed, Carrie has always been a unique, singular telepath, right? Seems they're going a one-of-many angle with this one. The mean girls antagonist is a little too on the nose but whatever.

Looking forward to Carrie being introduced to the gang in Vought Rising or whatever the next stupid Boys spinoff is.

Yes the others is a Flanagan addition. I think he liked that King wrote Dr Sleep like that (and he made the movie the same), and wanted more variety then just Carrie. Its by far the most controversial change that people are hanging their hats on, i haven't decided how I feel about it yet.
 

McQueen

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3,490
7,667
IMG_3186.jpeg
He did the meme.

We just finished it, and it was actually great. It just kept getting better until the end.
 

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,393
43,155
Yes the others is a Flanagan addition. I think he liked that King wrote Dr Sleep like that (and he made the movie the same), and wanted more variety then just Carrie. Its by far the most controversial change that people are hanging their hats on, i haven't decided how I feel about it yet.
Show creator is angling for more seasons.
 
TV show information provided by The Movie Database