Cat Person (2023)

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Cat Person (2023)

Tagline: Based on the sensational New Yorker short story.

Genre: Thriller, Drama, Comedy

Director: Susanna Fogel

Cast: Emilia Jones, Nicholas Braun, Geraldine Viswanathan, Isabella Rossellini, Hope Davis, Christopher Shyer, Liza Koshy, Josh Andrés Rivera, Melissa Lehman, Isaac Powell, Jeremy Gill, Kyle Selig, Liza Colón-Zayas, Michael Gandolfini, Donald Watkins, Fred Melamed, Camille Umoff, Sammy Arechar, Max Jenkins, Zachary Mooren, Joanne Joella, John Scherer, Pearl Sun

Release: 2023-10-06

Runtime: 118

Plot: When Margot, a college sophomore, goes on a date with the older Robert, she finds that IRL Robert doesn’t live up to the Robert she has been flirting with over texts.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I posted about it in "Movies I Have Watched Recently."

As much as it had enormous potential, it suffered from being poorly directed. The story is controversially ambivalent as it depicts a pretty transparent perspective of toxic feminism. But it also shows how nice, heterosexual men who resort to interpersonal interaction in the age of texting are doomed. Lastly, the "nice guy" ends up
being portrayed as a psychopath at the end. When really, he was a genuinely affectionate dude who was probably on the spectrum/Autistic

It was based on a short story in the Atlantic that went crazy viral.

Had they done a better job of translating into film I might be even more furious.

Toxic women, Toxic men. Maybe there is a chance for the future if all human interaction is to be done by a phone or device. No way for a sperm to find an egg and pass down those defective traits that way!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database