Cheapest BD player with Plex ap?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Looking to buy a basic BD player that's able to run Plex via wifi for the inlaws. The Samsung BD-J6300 seems to fit the bill as far as the cheapest, but thought I'd ask here. It could honestly be a DVD/VHS combo given they don't even own any blurays, but felt giving them access to my Plex library and the ability to borrow my wife's blurays would be nice. I donated my 10 year old 50" DLP to them, and it seems kind of trite that they don't even have a player capable of outputting at 1080p, their DVD player doesn't even have hdmi or scale above 480p...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I am a huge fan of Sony BDP-S590 - 3D capable. Hella cheap. WiFi. Automatically changes inputs when you turn on the player, too.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sony makes nice cheap bluray players. Another option if you dont care about bluray is a roku.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Needs to play DVD's. And as far as I know, no DVD player has ap support, let alone Plex as an option. Also, every Roku I've tried to connect to my Plex server has choked on a fat dick trying to stream even the most basic 480p 4:3 content.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Needs to play DVD's. And as far as I know, no DVD player has ap support, let alone Plex as an option. Also, every Roku I've tried to connect to my Plex server has choked on a fat dick trying to stream even the most basic 480p 4:3 content.
Weird I use mine a lot and no problems. Regardless no DVD support so it doesn't matter.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Honestly it's likely the wifi or internet of the folks I've been dealing with. Apparently 10mbps is good enough for basic Netflix, but nothing else. It's also weird dealing with folks who have "dumb" TV's. Let alone DVD and VHS. Old folks scared of watching too much TV who own over 300 VHS and 100 DVD's....yeah. "Too much TV."