Chekov dead at 27

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rrr_img_135978.jpg

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Or learn to use the parking brake like someone with a brain?
Jeep that killed 'Star Trek' actor Anton Yelchin was flagged for safety problems - Jun. 20, 2016

Looks like he thought it was in park, and to be honest, its a little asinine to expect to use the parking break EVERY single time you get out of the vehicle. Unless your on a very steep incline, putting the vehicle in park should be enough and is what 99% of what people do. Jumping out to check the mailbox in your driveway before leaving seems like a totally understandable 'throw it in park, grab your mail, and leave' moment.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So Chrysler murdered Chekhov. Khan must be on the board of directors.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Jeep that killed 'Star Trek' actor Anton Yelchin was flagged for safety problems - Jun. 20, 2016

Looks like he thought it was in park, and to be honest, its a little asinine to expect to use the parking break EVERY single time you get out of the vehicle. Unless your on a very steep incline, putting the vehicle in park should be enough and is what 99% of what people do. Jumping out to check the mailbox in your driveway before leaving seems like a totally understandable 'throw it in park, grab your mail, and leave' moment.
Depends if it was a manual or automatic trans. I know my jeep wrangler which is manual does not have a "park" LOL, its either put it in 1st or some people put it in 3rd when parked or flip up the emergency break or both. Anyone that drove a manual before knows to flip up that emergency break every time you park.

I guarantee he drove some manual, there is no way that any auto trans gave way and sent his car backwards while in park.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I always put it into Park and engage the e brake if I'm stopping and getting out. Grew up driving manual and leaving it in 1st + e brake.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If it has a park it's an automatic for fucks sake.

Also I'm fairly certain the 2015 Grand Cherokee only comes with an 8 speed auto.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember one time, we were in Florida, getting ready for our flight back to Detroit metro. I was all fucked up drunk the night before, plus the woman stressed the shit out of me packing, late, tickets, etc. We were about to be late for the flight, but we had to fill up the rental car. So I "park" in the gas station, get out of the car, but its still in drive. I realized when I got Out of the car and it was moving, girl bitching at me all the way. Fuck, my wife (now) never let that one get away. She mentions it every opportunity. Shit happens. He was in a hurry, whatever, fucked up but it was an accident. You take that shit for granted every day and sometimes you fuck up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Even with the 'issue', that's a lowest common denominator recall. The GC shifters are really not confusing unless it's the first time you drive it.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
its an auto transmission, gal I work with has the same Jeep and about a year ago I remember her telling me a very similar story. Had an opening shift starting at 4am and she got out for some reason in her condo complex. Said she swore the car was in park but it was moving still, but figured she was so tired she was imagining it. We talked about it today, she hasn't even gotten a recall notice at all from Chrysler about it.