Chernobyl

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
For anyone who listened to the podcast, they did a bonus episode with Jared Harris.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1597661023507.jpg

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Every time I read about the Chernobyl accident I just get pissed at the Soviet Union. They fucked it up for the rest of us.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Every time I read about the Chernobyl accident I just get pissed at the Soviet Union. They fucked it up for the rest of us.

Just one of a million reasons that the soviets were horrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grez

Molten Core Raider

I understand their desire not to have to build containment buildings: $$$

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
They probably thought the chances of something going wrong were so small that it was a waste to build the containment building.

Whoops.

That's gotta be the case, one of the unexpected details ( for me ) of the series was the locked in mentality that some of the senior figures had that the core could not have had a failure. This was to a level that can only be described as a type of insanity.

When the senior controller from the control room had looked out and seen the pieces from the core laying on the ground next to the building, he still was insistent that the core was fine. And then the other senior staff that had a meeting in the basement early the next morning.

But in saying that, I do know this is stuff from the show and these things might have been exaggerated.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1617726690067.jpeg

Rip Paul Ritter. Brain Tumor only 54

Great role.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
If you liked this you'll like the new HBO documentary Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes. 90 minutes of actual soviet footage from the incident. Shows guys getting sick in hospital #6, lots of footage of the liquidators, even shows the real Lyudmilla on her first trip back to Pripyat. Pretty good companion to the miniseries.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users