Chicago (Fire, PD, Med, Justice)

Malkav

French Madman
the Chicago PD episode I believe is Emotional Proximity. Season 4 episode 16

Yeah, I got a list of the crossovers, just don't really feel like jumping in the middle of another show with characters and probably interpersonal drama I know nothing about. I'll definitely give PD a try after I'm done with Fire though I think.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah but I don't think I have access to Chicago PD. I'm watching Chicago Fire through Freevee on Amazon Prime. Unskippable commercials.
old episodes of PD were on Prime too at one point, or Peacock which I think is free with ads too.

Malkav

French Madman
Got up to the start of S7 of Fire. Glad they finally got rid of Dawson, the character was really starting to get annoying.

Though at this point I'm tired of an umpteenth "a CFD brass is targetting 51 because of a beef with Boden" arc.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got up to the start of S7 of Fire. Glad they finally got rid of Dawson, the character was really starting to get annoying.

Though at this point I'm tired of an umpteenth "a CFD brass is targetting 51 because of a beef with Boden" arc.
Even if it's repetitive I don't mind anything that gives Eamonn Walker more screen time, dude is great. I watched seasons 1-8 on Freevee, now I'm at a loss for where to watch seasons 9 and 10.

Also, let me know when you finish 7 and start 8.

Malkav

French Madman
Even if it's repetitive I don't mind anything that gives Eamonn Walker more screen time, dude is great. I watched seasons 1-8 on Freevee, now I'm at a loss for where to watch seasons 9 and 10.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love every time he is on screen. It's just that this particular trope has been used like every season so far haha.

And sure, i'll let you know.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

Do you not have access to Peacock? You don't have to pay for the service to watch the Chicago shows I believe (though they do have stuff on their that you have to pay for).

The 7 finale 8 start was pretty feels if it's the one I'm thinking

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you not have access to Peacock? You don't have to pay for the service to watch the Chicago shows I believe (though they do have stuff on their that you have to pay for).

The 7 finale 8 start was pretty feels if it's the one I'm thinking
I'll try peacock out

I knew it was coming and had actually watched the memorial scene on YT before I started watching the series. It's a magnificent scene by itself but it hits way harder when you've been with the show through seven seasons.

Malkav

French Madman
Well, got to S8 last night, and seeing your earlier posts I definitely expected something to happen.

Otis' death did not get me that hard by itself. Poor guy though, he was finally in a good place. At the end of S7 I was expecting Brett to die, which would have been sadder to me, glad she didn't.
Memorial scene was definitely a hit in the feels though. Man can Eamonn Walker give a speech.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Watching the show on a weekly basis at the time, and it being a show no one talks about, got pretty blindsided by it.

IMO they just have a really good cast, that I think genuinely enjoys working together, so they can really hit you in the feels.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watching the show on a weekly basis at the time, and it being a show no one talks about, got pretty blindsided by it.

IMO they just have a really good cast, that I think genuinely enjoys working together, so they can really hit you in the feels.
bratt ya boudou s toboy vsegda

4b828d9d71a6f8e73019b55fedf477ee.gif

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can't be the only one watching any of these shows. I think Fire is a seriously amazing Drama, PD and Med are passable TV but nothing crazy. Justice looks like it could be interesting

Fire really nails the feels though, it's just a damn good show that gets you really attached to the characters.

They do a few crossovers a season it seems like. They just had one that was Fire/PD/Justice (though you see a lot of Med too, but it didn't have an episode for it) and it's some pretty crazy shit. It was based on the Oakland Warehouse fire last year that killed 36 people.

Chicago Fire (TV Series 2012– ) - IMDb

Chicago P.D. (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

Chicago Med (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb

Chicago Justice (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb

I laughed seeing that you were indeed the only one watching these shows for 5 years.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fire is great. Med is terrible. Haven't tried PD, and Justice only lasted a single season so who the hell knows what went wrong there.

But seriously, Med is terrible. I've watched a lot of hospital dramas and I can't think of a worse one.

Malkav

French Madman
Happened on the flesh eating bacteria crossover earlier today. Really needed to see the conclusion on that so I went ahead and watched the followup Med and PD episodes (even had to download the PD episode since it wasn't available on streaming). First crossover I watched entirely, and at least they do those well I guess.

Malkav

French Madman
Finished catching up with S10.

Man, that last season was weird, having some major characters missing completely for huge chunks of time.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Finished catching up with S10.

Man, that last season was weird, having some major characters missing completely for huge chunks of time.
I was sad to see Casey go, I like him. I didn't miss Stella while she was gone. I'm blank on the kids name, but his decision to stay on truck instead of work on Squad was ???. It wasn't the most impactful season in memory, a little too much on the Stella Severide stuff for me.