Citadel: Forged With Fire

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I never played Ark, but it reminded me of Conan exiles with a bit more pretty, and a lot more magic. And less dongs and titties.

I made a little tower and a flyin broom. Right now it looks like the main barrier to anything is a rare resource called precious stone or something? Basically if you are the first one in and find some you are set and everyone else is boned because nothing respawns.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I never played Ark, but it reminded me of Conan exiles with a bit more pretty, and a lot more magic. And less dongs and titties.

I made a little tower and a flyin broom. Right now it looks like the main barrier to anything is a rare resource called precious stone or something? Basically if you are the first one in and find some you are set and everyone else is boned because nothing respawns.

wtf resource nodes don't respawn?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
In the several hours I was there, nothing respawned except for monsters.

I built my tower next to a cave with gobliny folk and that rare stuff is supposed to be in caves. The assgoblins respawned quite frequently but the chest in there never did and no stone ever did.

Experimentally I tried zapping every tree and rock near me and none of it ever came back.

Bikeman is playin:

I think it will be fun for a couple weeks, especially with friends, just like Conan. It has the same kind of dumb AI, but made worse by all the ranged attacks. Hop on a rock and blast stuff and it can't get to you.

But that loop of gather, make new stuff, level up, enjoy cool new stuff etc, it's fun for awhile.

I think Conan has the better anims and character models, but citadel has really beautiful areas with lots of sparklies and mist and just all really pretty.

Also the audio is messed up for me. All nearby sounds only come out of the left speaker. The gather spell is crazy loud, and lots of stuff doesn't have sound. I'm sure all that will get fixed.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
In the several hours I was there, nothing respawned except for monsters.

I built my tower next to a cave with gobliny folk and that rare stuff is supposed to be in caves. The assgoblins respawned quite frequently but the chest in there never did and no stone ever did.

Experimentally I tried zapping every tree and rock near me and none of it ever came back.

Bikeman is playin:

I think it will be fun for a couple weeks, especially with friends, just like Conan. It has the same kind of dumb AI, but made worse by all the ranged attacks. Hop on a rock and blast stuff and it can't get to you.

But that loop of gather, make new stuff, level up, enjoy cool new stuff etc, it's fun for awhile.

I think Conan has the better anims and character models, but citadel has really beautiful areas with lots of sparklies and mist and just all really pretty.

I've been watching bikeman play off and on and it seems like things are respawning near his house. Could be wrong though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It could be a lag thing, like if respawns are tick based, ticks can fall behind under load because you get fewer Update() cycles over time. It's sort of like time dilation.

I think this game does resource stuff better. You are always consuming stuff. I like that you don't heal or regen on your own.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Decided to see since it popped up free to try on Steam.

Can't join any server, guess that settles that.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea you gotta just try a bunch. When I logged in everything had repopped near my house. Might have just been stuck for awhile.

Ah bike just said trees and rocks come back when the server restarts. So I guess no real regen for now.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Bike's been totally cheesing stuff by just hovering over it on a wyvern pet and roasting it with fire.

Sandboxer

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've just been looking at this myself and it seems polished if a bit light on content.

Cohh has just posted some pretty good videos of this up.

Just watching first episode and it doesn't look too bad for early access.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I like it. I don't think it has the depth of dark & light, but it is better in other areas, like the world art is great. (but skinned art and animation not so much)

It is less survivaly than most other games of this type. That can be good or bad depending on what you like.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
I like it. I don't think it has the depth of dark & light, but it is better in other areas, like the world art is great. (but skinned art and animation not so much)

It is less survivaly than most other games of this type. That can be good or bad depending on what you like.

How does it run for you? Those are what appear to make up the most of the negative reviews on Steam I read, optimization issues. Game looks fun from what I saw but I dont want some turd on my turdy system :(

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Game is fun. I enjoy where they are goign with this game, but with that said, the pathing in this game needs work, because its super easy to get mobs stuck around rocks and all you do is just havea fuckton of mushrooms for mana and burn pretty much anythign down. I was level 10 and me and a buddy burned down a dragon already that was like level 47 or something. Playing on CitidelUSEast57 if anyone wants to play. We already have a ghetto base build and everything you need inside pretty much.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
How does it run for you? Those are what appear to make up the most of the negative reviews on Steam I read, optimization issues. Game looks fun from what I saw but I dont want some turd on my turdy system :(

40ish running around the countryside, drops down around 20 inside my giant wacky wizard tower. I've got an I5 system with a kind of old ATI gpu R9 380.

I think there are quality settings but I haven't messed with them yet. I probably should it can be tricksy to aim sometimes. I think by default everything is maxed out.

Oldbased

> Than U
Game reminds me of Ziggurat where you just hop around and blast your harry wand nonstop until you win or lose. It is a bit to mobile designed for me so I am going to be going with Dark and Light which is indeed ARK engine but more high fantasy than dino based.
Citadel does offer some neat building resources and less restrictions than most survival type games. Like ability to build high off land instead of having to pillar/ceiling expand, rounded walls, and of course varying degrees of materials. I will look at it again in the future. Steam has burned me enough on EA games I typically wait 3 months+ now and see how they respond to updates/patches. Osiris is the last one to catch me with promising frequent updates. It started off with weekly, then bi weekly and the last few months monthly updates which are not that impressive. It's been a month since the last update and who knows when the next will come.

Ought to be a law and all that...

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Been playing this a little. I saw Cletus playing and he was talking about they have kind of difficult group content now where you need a mix of specs, like a mmo or something.

I've always thought this would be a cool thing for survival games. A bit of everquest style dependency on others. Instead of everyone can do everything and everyone is basically a dps with some self healing etc...

I haven't gotten to any of that yet, still just level 20ish building a shack and such. Lemme see if I can find a clip of Cletus talking about the new stuff.

Caliane

oh, I missed this one completely. These survival games in theory should be my favorite these days... but every damn one is just "off". They start great, then theres always some pants on head retarded design choice that ruins them.