Civ 6

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

monnoh

Golden Squire
Civilization 6 released on mobile a couple of days ago. It’s the full game, so no Revolution shenanigans, the game file is pretty big at 3.1 GB. Graphics have been tuned down a bit to make it manageable to install on a tablet/phone. I’m playing it on an ipad mini and the screen size is ok, I imagine a phone screen may be too small and the larger tablets to be ideal.

You can play a game of 60 turns for free and the game is 50% off until january 4th.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Very interesting, and pretty enticing. So they expac this shit yet? Still playing Civ 5 on that note.

monnoh

Golden Squire
First xpac is announced for february iirc, and while civ5+expansions is still better I think this is miles ahead of anything else on mobile. It even supports mods.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First xpac is announced for february iirc, and while civ5+expansions is still better I think this is miles ahead of anything else on mobile. It even supports mods.
That is huge. The designers made so many shitty little mistakes that have been fixed with mods, I can't imagine playing 6 without mods at this point.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
That is huge. The designers made so many shitty little mistakes that have been fixed with mods, I can't imagine playing 6 without mods at this point.
What mods are you running? Which mistakes are the ones you're trying to mitigate?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brand Brand Agoge not boosting Spearmen (and all subsequent policies and units). Got a mod that fixes that.

Spearmen / Horsemen is such a shitty balance, one of the larger MP groups I play with has banned using a classical GG on the attack because almost every game for them was horsemen rushing while spearmen had no chance of countering this.

The problem comes back with Cavalry (and especially Russia is super strong because Cossascks) as Pikemen again are incapable of countering Cavalry.

I also feel like the science cost was balanced around no boosts at all. I play quick games, so 330 turns, and between turn 200 and 220 I am always researching future Tech. So I got a mod that reduces boosts to 25%.

Also playing with a mod that removes the extra settler AI recieves on higher difficulties. King is the highest one where it doesn't get that, and due to snowballing the difficulty increase to Emperor is just a little bit too much for me personally, while King is a walk in the park. This creates a middle difficulty between these two I am fine with.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Brand Brand Agoge not boosting Spearmen (and all subsequent policies and units). Got a mod that fixes that.

Spearmen / Horsemen is such a shitty balance, one of the larger MP groups I play with has banned using a classical GG on the attack because almost every game for them was horsemen rushing while spearmen had no chance of countering this.

The problem comes back with Cavalry (and especially Russia is super strong because Cossascks) as Pikemen again are incapable of countering Cavalry.

I also feel like the science cost was balanced around no boosts at all. I play quick games, so 330 turns, and between turn 200 and 220 I am always researching future Tech. So I got a mod that reduces boosts to 25%.

Also playing with a mod that removes the extra settler AI recieves on higher difficulties. King is the highest one where it doesn't get that, and due to snowballing the difficulty increase to Emperor is just a little bit too much for me personally, while King is a walk in the park. This creates a middle difficulty between these two I am fine with.

Are you getting these at CivFanatics? Or is there a more current site?

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Free on Epic Store now. Pretty nice since not on sale it is $60.

Edit: oops crap this is mobile games forum.