Civil War (2024)

Cybsled

3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Civil War (2024)

Tagline: In this land, anything is possible.

Genre: Science Fiction, Drama, Thriller

Director: Alex Garland

Cast: Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Jesse Plemons, Nick Offerman, Cailee Spaeny, Karl Glusman, Sonoya Mizuno, Jefferson White, Jared Shaw, Alexa Mansour, Justin Garza, Melissa Saint-Amand, Jojo T. Gibbs, Juani Feliz, Nelson Lee, Jeff Bosley, Brian Matney, James Yaegashi, Joe Manuel Gallegos Jr., Greg Hill, Justin James Boykin, Xavier Miles, Cora Maple Lindell, Brent Moorer Gaskins, Brian Philpot, Petey Nguyễn, Simeon Freeman, Christopher Cocke, Jess Matney, Tywaun Tornes, Ryan Austin Bryant, Lauren Marie Gordon, Kevin Howell, Robert Tinsley, Jaclyn White

Release: 2024-04-26

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Alex Garland is amazing. I have high expectations.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This ... will probably sell a lot of tickets in an election year.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
have a feeling i'll be rooting for the "bad guys"

• 9Like
  • 5Worf
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Looks pretty cool and it seems like it won't directly mirror any actual political reality since California and Texas are on the same side, heh.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah grouping Texas and California together is undoubtedly intentional, as is having Florida be their own 3rd party separatist.

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
just like just about anywhere in america, take about the cities of both and texas and california are very aligned

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm a sucker for lighthearted movies about hope and brighter futures. I'm in.

• 7Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yeah grouping Texas and California together is undoubtedly intentional, as is having Florida be their own 3rd party separatist.

My guess is that Texas and Cali teamed up out of necessity after the gov't dealt a blow. Seems like a lot of states seceded and were brought back under military force.

1702495961617.png

The white / light grey is the US, blue is "Western Alliance", and the dark grey is the "Florida Alliance". Seems like the movie takes place over a longer period of time as well as Stephen Henderson looks to work for the President when they are bombing the crap out of Manhattan then with Kristen Dunst later in the film.

• 1Like

Cybsled

There is a blurb about the president’s third term as well, so I suspect that hints at what is going on since it implies the president is either ignoring the constitution and becoming an actual dictator or something happened that allowed it to get modified without all the states getting on board

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man these aspirational films really just give you a little pep in your step. There's something about them.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I still hope I'm wrong that 2024 is going to blow up, but I keep seeing more and more evidence that I'm unfortunately on the right track.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I still hope I'm wrong that 2024 is going to blow up, but I keep seeing more and more evidence that I'm unfortunately on the right track.
As shitty as that is. I agree. 2024 is NOT going to be "peaceful".

That said, this movie looks really good. I hope they don't go woke with it.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When you're not at war with [insert any Middle Eastern country] writers need to dig deep. Way way down there.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
My guess is that Texas and Cali teamed up out of necessity after the gov't dealt a blow. Seems like a lot of states seceded and were brought back under military force.

View attachment 504125

The white / light grey is the US, blue is "Western Alliance", and the dark grey is the "Florida Alliance". Seems like the movie takes place over a longer period of time as well as Stephen Henderson looks to work for the President when they are bombing the crap out of Manhattan then with Kristen Dunst later in the film.

so the south + california are the good guys? i guess Cali can tag along if it means we get to obliterate DC and the northeast

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Straight from the map it looks like 9 from the North/NW, Cali + Texas, and that leaves 8 for Florida and the South. But that would be 4 factions where Cali didn't want to join with the NW and Texas didn't want to hook up with the Florida crew.

Cali + Texas: 70M population
NW territories: 28M (majority is Washington, Oregon, Minnesota)
Florida Alliance: 54M (half is Florida and Georgia)
31 Remaining states: 180M

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't see any brown people so not sure who the movie thinks is the good or bad guys.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
As shitty as that is. I agree. 2024 is NOT going to be "peaceful".

That said, this movie looks really good. I hope they don't go woke with it.

Oh god it won’t be any different than last time. A handful of liberal retards burning down their own cities, a bunch of conservative retards being pussies and not doing anything of substance, and life goes on.

In the modern world films like this have no true basis. It’s why RedDawn worked in the 80s but can’t with today’s tech. The military isn’t controlled by the states. It’s not like if Texas secedes their bases would align against the armies on the east coast. A federal military is the result of our civil war and preventing a future one. I’ll give this film a shot but ain’t no way it’s going to present. Pauline scenario of how a united Texas and California maintain a working economy, private military networks, and even move logistics.

Knowing Hollywood though the president will be a Trump analogy and everyone else is freedom fighters.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database