Classic-Quest: Legit PoP/LoY

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Classic-Quest is a project that attempts to emulate everquest from a 2003 perspective.

We try our best to emulate with the current clients but you'll notice some differences such as new Lavastorm and Nektulos and a revamped Paw which exist simply to allow SoF/UF clients to connect without modifying clients (sorry nostalgia seekers!) there are also a few client tweaks we decided to leave in such as veteran abilities and the Tutorial.

THE SERVER

Old World, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP and LoY
Tutorial is active
Elemental-invaded Paw (BoT level difficulty)
2x XP rate
Multi-boxing enabled
No-Drop disabled (FV ruleset)
Dedicated server host
Titanium, SoF, SoD, and UF supported
Select server transfers for the lazy

THE SERVER ITSELF

Dedicated IP
32gigs of RAM
Dual-core XEON 3.0ghz
Daily backups at 11:59 PM
Current PEQ database core
Monthly patches and restarts on the 15th of every month

Come logon and pillage the planes!

http://www.classic-quest.com/

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Found it on my old guilds forum, missed the FV ruleset BS and started downloading the client to give it a whirl. Glad I finally saw this before I wasted time playing.

Abacab

Found it on my old guilds forum, missed the FV ruleset BS and started downloading the client to give it a whirl. Glad I finally saw this before I wasted time playing.
What is wrong with Firiona-Vie ruleset?

If you raid and you have no rangers, and ranger loot drops then you can at least loot the Tolan's longsword and sell it.

Sulrn

Deuces
Being able to buy the carrot defeats the purpose of chasing it - removing the barrier of competition and meaningful advancement for time invested.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
What is wrong with Firiona-Vie ruleset?

If you raid and you have no rangers, and ranger loot drops then you can at least loot the Tolan's longsword and sell it.
It leads to exclusion of players not inclusion. more twinks less friends.

Combine that with "select server transfers" and you are going to have a fucked up economy.
No one wants to play on a server with loot from bosses that have never been killed on your server.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seen Baddacab around a lot over the years.

The idea of what makes EQ fun has always eluded him. I'll pass on this one.

Stench

This looked interesting until I realized OP was abacab. Would not touch.