Cobra Kai starring Daniel-san and Johnny coming to Youtube Red 2018

spronk

FPS noob
'Karate Kid' Revival 'Cobra Kai' Planned With Ralph Macchio, William Zabka
Over 30 years after Daniel LaRusso crane-kicked his way into pop culture immortality in The Karate Kid, two of the film's original stars will reunite for a new series titled Cobra Kai.

As opposed to a straight reboot or revival, the upcoming series will turn the Eighties classic into a 10-episode comedy series. Cobra Kai will come to YouTube Red in 2018 following what the Hollywood Reporter described as a "competitive" bidding war between the streaming services.

The series finds a down-and-out Johnny reopening the infamous Cobra Kai dojo, which reignites his feud with the now-successful LaRusso.

interesting that youtube red (google) outbid amazon and netflix for this, which squarely sits nicely with netflix's revival of popular 80s and 90s movies and shows to great success.

I loved the Karate Kid as a kid, ranks right up there with back to the future and stuff in the nostalgia feels for me so looking forward to this. Sucks its on Youtube Red, who the fuck subs to that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Also, sounds like the perfect plot to insert Johnny becoming a tranny since he's depressed and wants attention.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm not sure how much nostalgia there is to be had from turning Karate Kid into a comedy series centered on the mid-life versions of the characters.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm not sure how much nostalgia there is to be had from turning Karate Kid into a comedy series centered on the mid-life versions of the characters.

Yea, this isn't fucking star wars or BTTF or even ghost busters, it was like a movie people remember for being kinda funny and having memes in modern parlance (wax on, wax off). I can't even remember the music in it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I feel like someone who really liked HIMYM too much got excited with Zabka's cameos and was like "why not".

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yea, this isn't fucking star wars or BTTF or even ghost busters, it was like a movie people remember for being kinda funny and having memes in modern parlance (wax on, wax off).

Yeah as likeable as Daniel was and as smashable as Ali was as high school crush material, the best character in the original movie was Mr. Miyagi. Without him you're left with one memorable moment and a six words of timeless dialog from the whole thing.

RIP Arnold

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yea, this isn't fucking star wars or BTTF or even ghost busters, it was like a movie people remember for being kinda funny and having memes in modern parlance (wax on, wax off). I can't even remember the music in it.

Can't or can remember the music?

I added "you're the best" and "cruel summer" by Bananarama to our office Spotify playlist.

I also have a limited edition CD release of the Bill Conti score from all four films, great music to nap to

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was a big karate kid fan, when i was 14. bringing these guys back 30+ years later is stupid. and you dont have Pat Morita anymore. Martin Kove was pretty awesome back then, but probably not so much now.
maxresdefault.jpg

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My dad got me Karate Kid II on pirate VHS and I watched it religiousy, to the extent I told my parents to call me Daniel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user