Code Kata

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I have been applying to some jobs recently and several as asked to solve some of this problems for them.
They are very good problems and if you complete it, we can trade answers. Maybe your way is faster /better, or just some conversation.

CodeKata

Also I did this one

Simple Database Challenge - Thumbtack

here are my solutions
battarro/Sample-Work · GitHub

Dont read spoilers if u are going to solve it.
I really like the database one, as the idea of transactions as a list was intuitive for me. The hardest one to imlement was the NUMequal To, as i had to look if the value was nulled in a more recent transaction.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I have been applying to some jobs recently and several as asked to solve some of this problems for them.
They are very good problems and if you complete it, we can trade answers. Maybe your way is faster /better, or just some conversation.

CodeKata

Also I did this one

Simple Database Challenge - Thumbtack

here are my solutions
battarro/Sample-Work · GitHub

Dont read spoilers if u are going to solve it.
I really like the database one, as the idea of transactions as a list was intuitive for me. The hardest one to imlement was the NUMequal To, as i had to look if the value was nulled in a more recent transaction.
How is that hard? Particularly in Java if you use a HashTable all those operations are built in and you're doing nothing but I/O with their file format and some basic transaction handling. If you use recursion to do the transaction handling and just fork/merge the hashtables so you can either drop(rollback) or merge (commit) the changes, it's practically trivial.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How is that hard? Particularly in Java if you use a HashTable all those operations are built in and you're doing nothing but I/O with their file format and some basic transaction handling. If you use recursion to do the transaction handling and just fork/merge the hashtables so you can either drop(rollback) or merge (commit) the changes, it's practically trivial.
Easy for some. Hard for others. Lets not be douche bags to non arabs, thanks.