Collections question

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
And he's saying why the hell didn't Blizzard just deactivate your account? It's ridiculous that they would continue to let you play and then send that to collections when all they had to do was deactivate your account because you didn't pay. If I'm not mistaken you get charged up front, at the start of the month, not the end after you've been playing all month.

It's actually kind of unbelievable to be honest. I've had similar situations where my CC expired and I forgot to change it, and the game I was subscribing to just deactivated my account when it was declined.
Blizzard didn't send me to collections. I didn't pay the credit card bill since I didn't know I had accidentally picked the card that had been sitting idle for years. The credit card company closed my account after it was delinquent for a full month and reported it out as late. Wow got shut off after the account was closed and they obviously couldn't process the monthly payment. That's when I figured out what happened and paid the credit card off. It was reported out as paid and closed but the 30 days late status is still there.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah, makes sense now.

Wondering how big of a hit you took on your credit score? I'm not a big credit score person like some people. The only reason I had any idea about mine was that I applied for a home loan earlier in the year and looked it up.

Borzak

All fixed I guess.

I have been busy with moving and new job so I haven't reviewed it since the time expired for my dispute.

I applied on a rent house and I asked the agent out of curiousity what it came back as and she said they simply use the credit score they get and it was 796. Close enough. I was able to negotiate my lease down to 6 months since it's not long term and I'm also looking to buy but needed somewhere else to live after my short term apartment comes up. It's nice and is billed as a "luxury" apartment but I'm not an apartment person. She said my credit score may have helped in the owner letting me get a 6 month lease instead of the advertised 12 month minimum. Who knows, but it's fixed.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah, makes sense now.

Wondering how big of a hit you took on your credit score? I'm not a big credit score person like some people. The only reason I had any idea about mine was that I applied for a home loan earlier in the year and looked it up.
Actual underwriters likely won't care based on a balance that size assuming the rest is spotless. It is more likely to affect you with automated approval through FICO scoring. FICO 9 removes all closed accounts from consideration but earlier versions did not (and they are the more widely used).

Borzak

I got a check from the original hospital today for the exact amount they turned me over to collections for. So they billed me. I paid it. They cashed the check. They turned me over to collections. I had it removed from my credit report by sending the agencies a copy of the cancelled check. Then almost a year later they send me a refund check for the same amount.

No wonder they want to have medical stuff taken off of your credit report. Nobody knows....

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, the problem is there's basically zero standards for CBR reporting. The FCRIA has a few good concepts that are necessary in the modern economy. You are never going to do away with idiots or stupid businesses because that's life, but if you can't meet a certain criteria for records-keeping and the like, you should not be able to report anything to a CBR. Medical places and insurance are the worst. They never have any clue what is going on with anything, I have to hound them constantly every time I go to the doctor's office for anything to not make stupid mistakes or bill improperly.