Collector's Editions

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The one and only collectors edition I ever bought was Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and I couldn't even tell you why I did it. Possibly for the lightsaber keychain but who knows.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My game room has a 2 computers each with 3 monitors set up. I have a really nice gaming laptop, Ps3, Xbox 360, Wiiu, 2 huge 3-D televisions(including the so so awesome Panasonic TC-P55-VT50 all with touch screen remotes, several arcade games including a pc arcade cabinet with a huge catalog of arcade games and all old consoles and games on it, 4 pinball tables, ping pong table, poker table, pool table, bowling arcade game and air hockey. The reason I say all this is because this is where I put all my CE stuff. I put the statues on light pads or shelves if I like them enough. I put the art in cases on the wall if I like it enough. I put everything out in the game room that has to do with games basically. The last thing anyone cares about when they go in that room is how much of a nerd I am because I have video game paraphernalia everywhere in a room dedicated to fun gaming. They already realized how much of a dork/nerd/geek whatever you want to call it I am when they saw the room.
This claim is worthless without pics.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The only CEs I get are MMOs, because they generally come with ingame shit that I find useful(bigger bags, early mounts, xp boosts or whatever the fuck). If I can though I'll just grab a digital so I don't get a big box with statues and shit. I don't think I've ever bought a CE for anything else.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
My point wasn't claiming anything besides why decorating the room with statues and other stuff from the CE. I will post some pictures at some point if you like I just wasn't trying to show off or anything. I was trying to prove a point.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
My point wasn't claiming anything besides why decorating the room with statues and other stuff from the CE. I will post some pictures at some point if you like I just wasn't trying to show off or anything. I was trying to prove a point.
Actually i would like to see it.
Would be nice to see stuff laid out how it should be, mine are all cluttered by work crap.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Actually i would like to see it.
Would be nice to see stuff laid out how it should be, mine are all cluttered by work crap.
Yeah, I would like to see it as well. I bet it's a pretty sweet setup, Rease.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Sounds like you have insecurity issues with your nerdness. There's nothing embarrassing about buying video game shit or watching the office.

Collector's Editions are awesome. This is the next one I'm picking up:http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/ta...edition/109114
Sean, I think that people here consider you an authority in this topic. I come from the side of "CE - I really don't get it". Could you explain why you will purchase this particular CE? Is it because of that particular game? Or because of something specific in the package you get?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
What I want to know is where do you put all those nicknacks you get from the CE's? After several hundred special figurines/thingamajigs your place must be full of this crap.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Sean, I think that people here consider you an authority in this topic. I come from the side of "CE - I really don't get it". Could you explain why you will purchase this particular CE? Is it because of that particular game? Or because of something specific in the package you get?
Ireallyfucking like Tales games is why. Plus the statuette looks pretty cool.

It's shiny and I want it, there's no deep reason behind any CEs I buy beyond that.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
shit like this is what CE's are all about:

rrr_img_21902.jpg

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
shit like this is what CE's are all about:

rrr_img_21902.jpg
Only one I considered getting.

Soundtrack was amazing, bobblehead, book art, old lunchbox, and if it had a Nuka-Cola Quantum...

fallout-3-survival-edition.jpg

Figurines tend to be pretty expensive. At a local comic book store, even the tiny figurines / statues are $25.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
I bought the Legendary version of Halo Reach when it came out. Had some really great and well made stuff with it. The statue was really detailed and the journal of Dr.Halsey was also a great find in it. It actually is written and designed like an actual journal. Pretty sure there was an artbook and soundtrack as well.

I buy CE of the games I like the most because I like supporting the companies I know are good, and getting a few extras here and there. I almost always tend to buy CE's editions of every Blizzard game.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm not against CE's per se, but rather that I'm against tacky shit. I got a bobble head at a ballpark and it went right in the trash. I just couldn't bring myself to put it out.

There was a dude that posted on reddit showing off his living room (wish I still had the picture) and it was the gaudiest shit I had ever seen. Huge Master Chief statue in his living room.

I used to put posters from Spencer's on my wall when I was 14, but the shit is just tacky I guess. I want developers to do more than rely on overpriced tacky tchotchkes to drive revenue.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nah man.. That is what people with taste think. We should really spawn a "Battle Station" thread and show how people set up their shit haha. Lifesized figured and gaming posters are tacky as hell