College Football 2015-16

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
You could rifle off about 8 other names and be closer to correct than Ezekial Elliot when it comes to the best RB in the nation.

He is a fine player. He is not elite.

Generol_sl

shitlord
You could rifle off about 8 other names and be closer to correct than Ezekial Elliot when it comes to the best RB in the nation.

He is a fine player. He is not elite.
I disagree. He is fast, has outstanding field vision, hits the hole quickly, can catch the football out of the backfield, has a great burst, can take hits/is built well, redirects the play with little to no difficulty, blocks well in the backfield, and he proved on the field just how outstanding he is against what some claimed (before the game) was the best defensive front in CFB (Bama).

Who would you place above him, Gurley I assume? Or, better stated, what "eight" other names would be "closer" to correct than EE in your view and why?

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Todd Gurley is a professional football player.

Nick Chubb, Leonard Fornette, Derrick Henry, whoever Auburns running back is, Jalen Hurd, that OU guy with the single game rushing record. I think that Arkansas has 2 running backs better than Ezekiel Elliot.

I might take Ezekiel Elliot over Georgia's Sony Michel. There. I am being magnanimous.

Generol_sl

shitlord
Todd Gurley is a professional football player.

Nick Chubb, Leonard Fornette, Derrick Henry, whoever Auburns running back is, Jalen Hurd, that OU guy with the single game rushing record. I think that Arkansas has 2 running backs better than Ezekiel Elliot.

I might take Ezekiel Elliot over Georgia's Sony Michel. There. I am being magnanimous.
So... in your view, seven RBs from the SEC are better? What is your reasoning for them being "better" because, as it stands, EE is ranked higher on numerous draft boards than every single player you just listed and I don't see your reasoning in your statement. However, let's take the time to look into this issue:

Statistics:

Elliott:
6.9 YPC (which is astounding at any level let alone D1 CFB), seven games over 100 yards, one game over 200 yards, 18 TDs, 4 runs over 50 yards (3 TDs), 1878 yards, and 220 receiving yards.

Common Opponent: 220 yards, 11.5 YPC, 2 TDs

Gurley (2014 - 6 games which isn't enough to compare despite great numbers so I went with 2012 when he had a full season (14 games) - Note: He missed over 10 games his final 2 years)
1385 yards, 6.2 YPC, 98.9 YPG, 17 TDs, 2 carries over 50 yards (55 is long), 100 yard games (9).

Apparently UGA hasn't played Bama in a few years so it is impossible to compare statistics against common opponent.

The other players, frankly, aren't even close statistically to the astronomical numbers Elliott kicked out so I would like to know your reasoning which differs from both "experts" in terms of the draft and raw statistical analysis on top of performances we all saw with our own eyes.

Gurley is excellent but I put Elliott right there with him if not ahead based on both statistics and, more importantly, his performances in the big games. Regardless though, what is your line of thought on why those players are better than Elliott?

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Derrick Henry scares me. I'll never understand why Bama didn't run him like 50 times against us. I love the video Dumar posted and not necessarily for the run, but because it's hilarious to watch the WR come down and fucking blow up those fat LBs Bama had out there at the time.

Generol_sl

shitlord
Derrick Henry scares me. I'll never understand why Bama didn't run him like 50 times against us. I love the video Dumar posted and not necessarily for the run, but because it's hilarious to watch the WR come down and fucking blow up those fat LBs Bama had out there at the time.
He was/is a very good back. I think, in that case, it came down to the Buckeyes stacking the box and (basically) daring Sims to beat them which he choked up on repeatedly thus forcing Kiffin and Bama to go right back to the pass. The Buckeyes were dominating the Crimson Tide by a big margin (despite the score) in that second half so, perhaps, Bama just went into "strike fast" mode because they weren't stopping the Buckeyes offense and they wanted to keep up.

Once Sims threw that pick six I don't think they ran the ball but for a couple times the rest of the contest. Regardless you're right though, that guy is a hammer and was doing it against some very good player in the box for Ohio State. In fact, Henry was the only player on Alabama that was really impressive and made an impact (offense) as Sims just looked awful the entire game while tOSU took Cooper out of the game for all intents and purposes.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The guy I personally can't stand is that Mr. Peabody Finebaum who looks like the long lost brother of John Clayton.
Even tho I grew up in a SEC town I had never heard of him and he wasn't on the air there until maybe last year when I visited and someone said they not got him. From the short time I listened to him on the radio I'm not sure how anyone likes him, including Bama fans. Shit LSU still rides their announcer pretty damn hard for 20 years if he first called a play a pop fly and he corrected it to a home run. They mentioned it during his retirement ceremonies the last few weeks.

I now live less than an hour from UT. It's amazing how little people here follow UT or football in general. Everyone in the office is from the same exact town (some less than 30 minutes from UT) and not one has ever been to a football game. Some have wives that work for UT and couldn't tell you on any given Saturday who UT is playing. Odd to me considering around LSU (and a good portion of the state) you run into 85 year old ladies at the grocery store that start conversaions about who LSU is playing that weekend.

Everyone at work thought it was incredibly odd that I decorated my office with framed newspapers from the 6 national titles at the College World Series, of which I was present for 4 of them.

Everyone except another VP who is married to a woman from Baton Rouge, his father in law played baseball for LSU and he asked if I was a crazy LSU fan in my interview. He's come to the conclusion that I am not but everyone at works thinks so. He corrects them because apparently he's seen the true crazy fans lol.

Still a letdown nobody talks about any college sport, or even talks smack about A&M. When I mentioned I wasn't a fan of A&M joining the SEC he said "A&M joined the SEC?" Fuck dude it's right down the freaking road. Buy a paper or read the internet. JFC.

They look at me like I'm from another planet (OK maybe I am) when I say stuff like our entertainment budget at work was mostly for a suite at Tiger stadium where we entertained clients and potential clients. They're like, why would you take a client to a football game. Like another planet. The only comment I have gotten out of them was traffic sucks when UT plays.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I was pissed we didn't keep running him on stretch plays until you stopped him.

Henry, as massive as he is, he is better on the edge. He's top heavy, and doesn't have the lower body strength of Chubbs (who I'd give the nod to as the best RB preseason). Fast as hell though, and supposedly focused on building that leg strength and burst.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even tho I grew up in a SEC town I had never heard of him and he wasn't on the air there until maybe last year when I visited and someone said they not got him. From the short time I listened to him on the radio I'm not sure how anyone likes him, including Bama fans. Shit LSU still rides their announcer pretty damn hard for 20 years if he first called a play a pop fly and he corrected it to a home run. They mentioned it during his retirement ceremonies the last few weeks.

I now live less than an hour from UT. It's amazing how little people here follow UT or football in general. Everyone in the office is from the same exact town (some less than 30 minutes from UT) and not one has ever been to a football game. Some have wives that work for UT and couldn't tell you on any given Saturday who UT is playing. Odd to me considering around LSU (and a good portion of the state) you run into 85 year old ladies at the grocery store that start conversaions about who LSU is playing that weekend.

Everyone at work thought it was incredibly odd that I decorated my office with framed newspapers from the 6 national titles at the College World Series, of which I was present for 4 of them.

Everyone except another VP who is married to a woman from Baton Rouge, his father in law played baseball for LSU and he asked if I was a crazy LSU fan in my interview. He's come to the conclusion that I am not but everyone at works thinks so. He corrects them because apparently he's seen the true crazy fans lol.

Still a letdown nobody talks about any college sport, or even talks smack about A&M. When I mentioned I wasn't a fan of A&M joining the SEC he said "A&M joined the SEC?" Fuck dude it's right down the freaking road. Buy a paper or read the internet. JFC.

They look at me like I'm from another planet (OK maybe I am) when I say stuff like our entertainment budget at work was mostly for a suite at Tiger stadium where we entertained clients and potential clients. They're like, why would you take a client to a football game. Like another planet. The only comment I have gotten out of them was traffic sucks when UT plays.
A few things:

1. There has always been a bit of a "cool to ignore or hate Texas" thing in Austin and the surrounding area if you aren't affiliated with the school.
2. The casual fans just do not give a shit right now since we have been bad for half a decade.
3. Unlike most of the south, there is a ton to do in Austin and life does not revolve around football because of it. Austin attracts people from all over the country.
4. Academics and Athletics do not really get along at Texas. Academics hate how much money and attention football gets despite Texas being one of the premier public universities in the country.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nick Chubb will be best RB in college football this coming year. He is a Herschel Walker/Bo Jackson level of athletic freak of nature. Now, can Georgia keep him healthy and un-suspended, that may be the only thing that slows him down this year.

Here he is in High School
screen-shot-2014-05-13-at-8-02-56-pm.png

All that being said, we're going to beat Georgia like a rented mule this year, so I apologize now for hurting Chubb's Heisman chances. Georgia doesn't get to roll over a conference full of shite teams to wrack up ridiculous stats like RBs from Ohio St or Wisconsin regularly do.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All that being said, we're going to beat Georgia like a rented mule this year, so I apologize now for hurting Chubb's Heisman chances. Georgia doesn't get to roll over a conference full of shite teams to wrack up ridiculous stats like RBs from Ohio St or Wisconsin regularly do.
Stop pretending like the SEC Least is actually good. It is full of shit teams. Missouri has won the damn thing twice.

Lets run down the powerhouse that is the SEC Least:
Florida - Shit
Georgia - Decent, will always under-perform
Kentucky - Shit
Missouri - Decent
South Carolina - Shit
Tennessee - Shit
Vanderbilt - Shit

MURDERERS' ROW!