College Football 2021-2022, quest for the Delta MU Championship

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hard to be mad when we were supposed to lose by 20.

I haven’t been watching but no idea how Bama is ranked top 3 when their big wins are barely beating the dumpster fires of us and Florida

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm fine with Michigan going to 2, Cinci 3, and Bama 4 for that shit ass performance by a team with a one legged QB.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Yeah, you’ve got to think Bama holds at #3, and Michigan jumps to #2.

4 OTs against a walk-on backup QB that could barely walk is pretty pathetic, but still, Bama gets the W. Auburn coach looked like he was struggling at the end there lol.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My girlfriend who is a huge Auburn fan having went to school there came in complaining about Alabama, like oh yeah all LSU fans just lova Saban lol.

Should I tell her LSU is currently beating A&M? After she reminded me earlier that A&M beat both Auburn and Alabama this year.....why yes I should.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to be mad when we were supposed to lose by 20.

I haven’t been watching but no idea how Bama is ranked top 3 when their big wins are barely beating the dumpster fires of us and Florida
Actually our big wins would be against Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Arkansas.

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, if Georgia beat Alabama....Alabama is out of the playoffs. If Alabama beats Georgia, we get a repeat of a couple years ago with the real possibility of UGA and Alabama going at it again. Fucking UGA needs to just put them down now.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s hilarious watching people talk up this Alabama “resiliency” and “tough fought win” when we literally got stomped by South Carolina last week and Miss St the week before lmao

Borzak

Note to self. Telling girlfriend Auburn should have been better prepared since the current OT rules were changed after the umpteen OT LSU v Auburn OT game years ago. Not a winning move, but it had to be done :)

Maverick you have that number for that truck driving school we saw? LOL at least it's a comfortable couch. Won't be the first time, won't be the last.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Alex Alex already bet me $1000 in PM’s that cincy wins the whole thing regardless of who they play.

• 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
It seems like this is a year of not great teams, so a not great team like Cincy winning would actually be very fitting.

A Cincy title game would be so lowly rated that it would light a fire about expanding the playoffs as well 👍

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Well, if Georgia beat Alabama....Alabama is out of the playoffs. If Alabama beats Georgia, we get a repeat of a couple years ago with the real possibility of UGA and Alabama going at it again. Fucking UGA needs to just put them down now.
I’m glad we made it to the SECCG - but I’m not terribly optimistic about our chances. But to channel my inner Bammer:

BOB is saving up all the good plays for Jawja! We got dis Bo!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No way to be mad. I'll say it every year but after 30 years (that I can recall) of watching the Iron Bowl records, don't matter and it is always a crazy game. We, Auburn, were playing with a backup quarterback making his first home start and a backup kicker with only two field goal attempts. The Defense played inspired and the Offense did what they had to. For about 58 minutes and 30 seconds. But against Alabama you have to play 60 minutes. Alabama had, basically, program defining levels of lack of discipline with penalties and mis-queues on both sides of the ball. Stuff that is unheard of in a Saban program. Auburn just didn't do enough with it and build enough of a lead. Lapses in judgement like running to the sideline when there's 1:40 left in the game and calling a timeout on defense when the other team has none and there is :40 left is just infuriating. But so is having like -5 rushing yards after 3 quarters and throwing an interception after Alabama hands you great field position after a failed 4th down conversion.

Inexcusable is the pathetic 2-pt conversion ideas / series in OT. Now, we have a back up QB, who is injured, so granted the playbook becomes limited. But after Penn State at the start of the season you go with the fucking Flying V or the Upside Down Taxi. Something. That series of downs was ridiculous.

Oh well. Next season.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, today was a good day of football. I am so much looking forward to next week.

Borzak

I still miss playing Arkansas after Thanksgiving instead of playing A&M.

Borzak

Figured LSU would end up mailing it in since the coach was fired a number of games ago. And there it is.