College Football 25

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No gameplay, but it's finally coming! I haven't bought Madden in years, but I'll be buying this game.

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My college gaming addiction of choice - taking FSU in 2002 was a cheat code.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
god damn when was the last one? some time during the 360 generation right?

Ncaa always played a better game of football than Madden. My biggest fear is they just slap an NCAA paint job on the madden engine and call it a day.

Madden is such a broken piece of shit game that is a fucking tragedy that EA was allowed to buy the exclusive rights to football.

The NFL 2k series was far better, and it pushed Madden to improve each year.

With no competition in the sports sector anymore, a lot of the sports titles are suffering. I don't even like baseball, but MLB the Show is probably the best franchise out there now.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I didn't have 2014, but I did boot up 2013 and play for several seasons a year or two ago. Been looking forward to this for awhile...even applied to work on it, but I didn't have enough experience with...I don't remember. Something I would have easily learned my first week on the job, I'm sure.

Anyway...I'll definitely be getting this. It may turn into a Madden clone eventually, but I doubt it for this first iteration back into the market. I just hope they keep the emphasis on Dynasty instead of whatever Ultimate Team knockoff they eventually add.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Without seeing the licensing deals they've secured with schools and the players who opt in or not is still pretty up in the air. Not saying it won't be good but I'm gonna need to see a lot more to be convinced of anything

Kaines

Potato Supreme
All 128 schools are in. Players who opt in get $600 a piece.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna be awesome when you want to play your schools top 10 QB, oh wait, he didn't opt in for $600? Enjoy a generic QB who has generic stats so they don't run the risk of getting sued.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Gonna be awesome when you want to play your schools top 10 QB, oh wait, he didn't opt in for $600? Enjoy a generic QB who has generic stats so they don't run the risk of getting sued.
I have hard time believing EA could get sued over "stats", given that they are all made up. There is no such thing as a 99 long pass accuracy in real life. If you're talking height/weight/etc, then sure. That would obviously change. But every EA sports game has a player editor as well. You can always remake your favorite top 10 QB without EA doing it by default.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
We'll see, but I would imagine 90+% of players are going to say no thanks to the $600. Particularly when CFBPA president has already advised them to not do it.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most of them will just be excited to be in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Kind of shitty they just get a 1 time payment of $600 though. They should get a % of revenue (however small) for the lifetime of the game.

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Kind of shitty they just get a 1 time payment of $600 though. They should get a % of revenue (however small) for the lifetime of the game.
It's a yearly thing as long as they are still on the team. So other than a graduate, everyone else should have multiple payments. Not that $2400 is all that exciting but it's better than the nothing that they used to get lol

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
For 99% of players, I think this is correct. But you think Caleb Williams is letting go of his NIL for just $600 even to EA?

You think someone that could be a big name one day wants 99% of all the other players to be in a game and not them? They start with building the name/brand early now days. Wouldn't be surprised if money changes hands to get the stats they want put on their name that is obviously pulled out of thin air to begin with.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1708655677032.jpeg

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m sure they have additional deals for high profile players.

Every player in the NCAA is promised $600, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they incentivize the top 10 players at high profile schools with more money to get the ball rolling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users