Come hang out on Project 2002: Green

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just need titanium client or SoF

Grab that newb loot from the chest

q8Tn5g1.jpg

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I'm going to go into a Dead Zone like trance now. I thought Voodoo Doll was a crafted thing, I'm having flashbacks of Misty Thicket Picnics.

Abacab

Pushed some fixes, reduced aggro range form like 500 to 20, because mobs were literally coming up through the floors to gank people the moment they zoned in... I still need to fix the pathing so they won't walk through walls on occasion; but now you can pretty much pull and or camp mobs without the whole zone coming in on you.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
One of the worst things to do imo is have something like starter gear. Sure having no gear sucked, but that was all apart of the game. With loot like that everything you come across until lvl60 is useless, thats why those insta level or insta geared WoW servers never work out. People go on there fuck around for a min cause they have gear and then just leave. With a PoP era server, people have access to newbie armor quests from their class GMs, that should be good enough until like lvl40s almost.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
That PoP newbie armor is worse than banded and it's based on the Macclient which never received the post PoP-upgrades. In classic (or just any era up to PoP) IMHO you're better off finding a blacksmith or tailor and get your armor from them. e.g.: Helm of the Lightbringer (pally PoP era newbie helm):
- on ZAM: AC 8 STA +6 CHA +5 (which is what newbies received after an item update in 2005)
- after testing the quest on the server, I received: AC5 AGI +1 HP +2 (which is pretty crap unless you have no alternative + it took up a lot of time and farming)
- banded helm: AC 8
- Helm of Ro: AC 13 WIS +8
Bottom line, I wouldn't worry too much about the newbie armor lasting till the 40's. It just looks cool and has very minor stats, personally I prefer the banded helm. It's just in and it can be done if you want to do it or you want to find something for a particular slot and you have no alternative.

Abacab

One of the worst things to do imo is have something like starter gear. Sure having no gear sucked, but that was all apart of the game. With loot like that everything you come across until lvl60 is useless, thats why those insta level or insta geared WoW servers never work out. People go on there fuck around for a min cause they have gear and then just leave. With a PoP era server, people have access to newbie armor quests from their class GMs, that should be good enough until like lvl40s almost.
The starter gear is essentially the compiled Gloomsteel set from TutorialB (adding all classes into one set) buying it from the merchant as opposed to doing what? Hailing an NPC for a +5 to all stat trinket? Either way the newbie armor quests were stupid easy and the gear just as easy.

Iance_sl

shitlord
This is not affiliated with Project 2002: The Age of Al Kabor. I am not sure why Abacab chose the same exact name for his custom server but we feel very honored!

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
This is not affiliated with Project 2002: The Age of Al Kabor. I am not sure why Abacab chose the same exact name for his custom server but we feel very honored!
Yeah I noticed that I replied to something from a different server. Project 2002 seems a popular name...

Abacab

To be fair, I've used 2002 for at least 2 years now
cool.png