Comic Books

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Fuck you guys. I don't get much cool nerdy shit anymore and this is awesome. He also signed my first edition copy of Angels & Visitations, but he didn't draw shit on it. My dad got all of this shit signed in Dallas the other day. He also bought me a signed copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Awesome shit all around.

that reddit post was funny. "Hob Gadling has seen some shit..." made me laugh.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My favorite book on the market right now is Saga. It's 12 issues long (at the moment). Next 6 issues are coming later this year.

Next up, I like the silliness that is "Invincible".

Both of these are good reads. I used to love Savage Dragon, but that got too strange for me.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Oh relax, it was a joke.

I do admit, when I get someone cools autograph... which I never really do, cause 90% of the people I think are cool are dead, I just expect it to be more impressive, or at least identifiable. That's all.

Honestly, a signed Sandman #1 is amazingly awesome. Chaos is just a wanker and deserves a lot of shit
wink.png

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have some Spawn and Spiderman comics signed by Todd Macfarlane. He was a huge dick, but I guess it is hard to judge, it was a long day at a comic con. Which I went to dressed as Madman. Like a fucking boss. I also have some books signed by Ray Bradbury, first edition Martian Chronicles and some old hardcover of The Illustrated Man, not sure if it was first edition or not. Bradbury was cool as fuck. I had a Harbinger #1 signed by Jim Shooter, lawl, there was a time...

Those are really the only cool signed things I have, other than a Nolan Ryan rookie card, which my dad is probably going to be buried with just to spite me.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Chart of every superhero's powers ever: doesn't include every superhero ever.
Thats because its a chart of powers not superheroes. Shit just listing the names of every superhero with superstrength would take a whole page.

Caliane

http://www.comixology.com/comics-sale

The boys on sale 50% off.
Ennis is a mixed bag. And the Boys itself is not a must read imho, as it has many of Ennis's main flaws. But when its good, its real good. I know alot of others would recommend it for sure. I have my reservations though. But still worth pointing out.
Also, Dangergirl is directly responsible for me getting into this job. It was one of the first comics I read.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This is the latest signature in my 'collection' - though really I do this kind of stuff as a fan rather than as a collector since my books are probably more valuable as kindling (hence the lack of sealed grading, etc, it's in pretty poor shape anyways).

rrr_img_33646.jpg

Aside from the obvious Stan Lee signature, the others are some Remenber-signed X-Force, and a variety of X-Books signed by Scott Lobdell. Also got a handful of books signed by Rob Liefeld, not the biggest fan anymore but X-Force and Brigade were some of my favorites as a kid. He was actually really cool to talk to in person too, a day removed from the Brigade kickstarter ending successfully.

I have some X-Books signed by Claremont that I wanted to get Lee to sign but had enough of the lines at that point, and already have his signature on a handful of Gen 13 issues. They had a big signing when #1 was released at the comic shop I worked at.

Going to start displaying stuff, I've started buying busts off ebay... Stan's signature will go along w/ my picture w/ him and a Rhino bowen bust. Probably pick up more Rhino/Spidey stuff to go along with it too. Next step it to actually start displaying my statue collection, since they're currently just a pile of boxes:

rrr_img_33647.jpg

That's over a dozen busts/statues, my latest being the Magneto and an AoA Sinister that I practically stole from the comic con for $75.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's the point of having comic books if they are sealed so you can't read them?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Why would you want to read original collectibles? Other than maybe once or twice just to do it. They have reprints or this shit available that aren't worth potentially hundreds or thousands of dollars if you want to read it.

This guy who owned this comic shop when I was a kid in Texas was this real surly old man. I was once bragging about having Amazing Spiderman #300 to him, I was like 10 so it was a big deal. He reaches back and busted out in succession: Amazing Spiderman #1, Fantastic Four #1, Thor #1, and something else ridiculous that I can't remember. I was, of course, in awe. But my dad was pissed. He had thousands of dollars worth of comics sitting in the same mylar bags and backing boards that my bullshit comics were in.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This was West Texas, if I had made a move for them he probably would have shot me.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, for you guys that are serious collectors I can't imagine not having invested in some 10" tablet by now. Just go and steal all the comics you own valuable copies of so you can read them without fear if you want, or someone else does.

Actually owning the physical copies should assuage any guilt over the theft part=P

Malkav

French Madman
I really like the new Guardians of the Galaxy. Too bad it's a monthly, would love to get more of it.

Tony Stark mind being blown after fucking with Gamora and her being "meh" was lol-worthy.