Comic Books

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Enjoyed Bloodshot and Armorines but I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about them now other than the sweet chromium cover on Bloodshot.

Anyone reading AXIS? Surprised at what they did w/ Magneto's kids, and Carnage has been pretty awesome.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
March DC variant covers are based on famous films.

Album

PQPwoog.jpg

HUH_sl

shitlord
I was reading up about Marvel Unlimited and it made me want to get back into comics, I also read that it's complete shit and not worth it. Just had a few questions before I dive back in. What's the best comic reader for Ipad? Is Marvel Unlimited worth it? What's the best torrent site that I could actually join?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I was reading up about Marvel Unlimited and it made me want to get back into comics, I also read that it's complete shit and not worth it. Just had a few questions before I dive back in. What's the best comic reader for Ipad? Is Marvel Unlimited worth it? What's the best torrent site that I could actually join?
Dunno if its on Ipad but on my kindle I really like ComiCat. Works great with pdfs too.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I use Comic Zeal on my ipad and I have no complaints. I tried to read Marvel Unlimited got bored/frustrated and stopped. I download my 250 gigs of comics 100% from TPB, every week I download 2 main files, (everything marvel this week, and everything DC this week) I pick up a few indie titles but I don't get them every week as I like to binge read those (invincible & saga etc..)

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I use Comic Zeal on my ipad and I have no complaints. I tried to read Marvel Unlimited got bored/frustrated and stopped. I download my 250 gigs of comics 100% from TPB, every week I download 2 main files, (everything marvel this week, and everything DC this week) I pick up a few indie titles but I don't get them every week as I like to binge read those (invincible & saga etc..)
Probably start doing this myself with the shop near work closing next month. Grab some TPBs of runs I like and otherwise just go digital, read on my phone and Venue.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Comic Zeal seems pretty great. Now the hard part is catching up on a half decade of comics. Anyone have any recommendations on good comics in the last 5 years? I was always more Marvel than DC but I'll read anything if they're good, any new smaller/indie books that I might have missed.

I grabbed Saga because everyone seems to love it. Also the last run of Spiderman (Superior Spider-Man) just because he was always my go too Marvel comic. Mind swap with Doc Ock? Fucking comic books.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Invincible
The Boys
Irredeemable and Incorruptable
Injustice
Powers

That's just the standard suggestions we always give off the top of my head. I'd add Atomic Robo personally. Really funny, good art, short mostly self-contained arcs.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Comic Zeal seems pretty great. Now the hard part is catching up on a half decade of comics. Anyone have any recommendations on good comics in the last 5 years? I was always more Marvel than DC but I'll read anything if they're good, any new smaller/indie books that I might have missed.

I grabbed Saga because everyone seems to love it. Also the last run of Spiderman (Superior Spider-Man) just because he was always my go too Marvel comic. Mind swap with Doc Ock? Fucking comic books.
All that stuff Grimmlokk said.

I really like some of the New52, have not had a chance to read it all but pick up the full run of Wonder Woman (yes you read that right) and Earth 2. I also really liked Captian America" Castaway in Dimension Z book 1 and 2.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Is new 52 Swamp thing any good? I love Swamp thing but I haven't checked that out yet and I figure with the book coming to a conclusion is a good time to check it out.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Is new 52 Swamp thing any good? I love Swamp thing but I haven't checked that out yet and I figure with the book coming to a conclusion is a good time to check it out.
I heard it was good the first year but did not read it.
It got cancelled this week =(

CANCELED ! (no real losses imo, love me some GL, but they had toooo many books)
Aquaman and the Others
Infinity Man and the Forever People
Klarion
Secret Origins
Star-Spangled War Stories Featuring G.I. Zombie
Trinity of Sin
Worlds? Finest
Arkham Manor
Batwoman
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Red Lanterns
Swamp Thing

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
avengers xmen axis.

stupid and ugly. this collaboration art is stupid, it's good when lenil is doing it, then it's ugly as hell when he's not, look this is the same fucking book.
the beginning with focus on sabertooth
rrr_img_86249.jpg

and then this ugly shit
rrr_img_86250.jpg

it's like reading a book by stephen king (or whoever the fuck writes good books) then having you're 2 year old nephew finish it up.

oh btw the story is shit too, this is just dog gone horrible shit.

best storyline of the 2014, wasn't marvel it was forever evil from dc.

everything else from marvel this year has been shit, and i hate dc, but man marvel is just shit, at least they make great movies, what a way to end the year with a shitty cross over like axis.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Marvel has been so disappointing that between their stories and the piss poor comic shop walking distance from work closing I'm probably going back to just torrenting most of my reads. Secret Wars probably get me to go and start picking up issues, but we'll see, not buying their full product line of stories and it's going to have a ton of offshoots I think.