Comic Books

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So they ret-conned symbiotes to be benevolent organisms?
To be fair we really only knew 1 symbiote and his spawn. Maybe the spawns were just bad apples? One could say that original symbiotic was note evil per say just selfish. It was not evil with PP controlled it.

Symbiotes could be just like people, each with its own personality and morality.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
To be fair we really only knew 1 symbiote and his spawn. Maybe the spawns were just bad apples? One could say that original symbiotic was note evil per say just selfish. It was not evil with PP controlled it.

Symbiotes could be just like people, each with its own personality and morality.
No, that's not true. There have been plenty of stories about non-Venom birthed symbiotes and they've all behaved like assholes.
Planet of the Symbiotes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They painted a picture of the venom symbiote being cut off from earth and saying things that weren't true to smooth over anything like that. Said most creatures aren't pure enough to be good hosts, leading to Venom, Carnage, etc. It was only half as awful as I make it sound.

I like the new look, though it looks kinda like a new version of Baymax from Big Hero 6.

Won't matter anyways with Secret Wars, they can kill him off and bring back old ruthless venom from another reality if they want.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Here's the rest, leading up to the image that was posted. A little borg-ish, but I liked it overall.

rrr_img_88647.jpg

rrr_img_88648.jpg

rrr_img_88649.jpg

rrr_img_88650.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Just finished the arch. You can skip the first 2 parts and just read part 3 and not really miss much. That said I like what they did. I wouldn't mind another Flash Venom series.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
saga and east of west this week

thor4 was last week, still weaksauce ("Shhhh we still don't know who lady thor is WOW")

mavel and dc as still shit, so whatever.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Spoiler-filled Avengers/incursion stuff.

Avengers was interesting this week, the Cabal (Thanos, Namor and some throwaway other characters that have been destroying planets to prevent the destruction of our own) are on the the Ultimate U Earth as a result of Black Panther trying to strand them on on dead Earth to kill them off. The previous issue last week has Hank Pym show up from a mission to find someone/something...with 'The Beyonders'.

Also, filler event Black Vortex started w/ All-New X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy. First issue was OK, everything feels futile/dumb/filler knowing Secret Wars is about to start. Issue ends with Gamora getting super-powered by the artifact,looked pretty cool. In searching for that image I found one of Drax and a new design for Ronan -F/Yeah Album of Stuff I Like - MARVEL'S "BLACK VORTEX" EVENT:?*"All-New X-Men" #38....

They're down to less than 2-dozen existing universes as a result of the incursions, which presumably will make up the battleworld.

Secret Wars can't get here soon enough, but at least some of this other shit is getting more interesting.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Spoiler-filled Avengers/incursion stuff.

Avengers was interesting this week, the Cabal (Thanos, Namor and some throwaway other characters that have been destroying planets to prevent the destruction of our own) are on the the Ultimate U Earth as a result of Black Panther trying to strand them on on dead Earth to kill them off. The previous issue last week has Hank Pym show up from a mission to find someone/something...with 'The Beyonders'.

Also, filler event Black Vortex started w/ All-New X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy. First issue was OK, everything feels futile/dumb/filler knowing Secret Wars is about to start. Issue ends with Gamora getting super-powered by the artifact,looked pretty cool. In searching for that image I found one of Drax and a new design for Ronan -F/Yeah Album of Stuff I Like - MARVEL??TS ??oBLACK VORTEX??? EVENT:?*"All-New X-Men" #38....

They're down to less than 2-dozen existing universes as a result of the incursions, which presumably will make up the battleworld.

Secret Wars can't get here soon enough, but at least some of this other shit is getting more interesting.
incursion finally got interesting b/c they finally let Hickman play with evil mad scientist teen reed richards from the ultimate universe.

Caliane

Nu52 officially "ending". we all pretty much knew it already.

DC Comics Is Ending The New 52 - IGN

some titles are getting cancelled, some will continue. so its not a universe reboot or anything.
49 ongoing atm.

This is basically officially going down the road of, "everything is canon within itself, and only itself"
Like Wonder woman, and Jl3k have been. The shared universe will only exist as much as any given book wants it to.

Writers can do whatever they want.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
then what about convergance? Aren't they building off of the Grant Morrison ideas in multiversity?

Caliane

Multiversity seems to be describing the current nu52 multiverse. Maybe at the end it will shatter that idea, that there are only 52 universes.

Its come up again and again. omniverse, hypercrisis, hypertime.. Everyone is pretty sure, the 52 earths is wrong. that may be the local nu52 multiverse, but there are infinite multiverses as well. convergence will probably then touch on this, and give us the result. All stories are open to be written.

We can have a Superman story set in 1950.
We can have one set in 2015. And they do NOT have to line up in canon. As there is no longer an "official" main canon.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Multiversity seems to be describing the current nu52 multiverse. Maybe at the end it will shatter that idea, that there are only 52 universes.

Its come up again and again. omniverse, hypercrisis, hypertime.. Everyone is pretty sure, the 52 earths is wrong. that may be the local nu52 multiverse, but there are infinite multiverses as well. convergence will probably then touch on this, and give us the result. All stories are open to be written.

We can have a Superman story set in 1950.
We can have one set in 2015. And they do NOT have to line up in canon. As there is no longer an "official" main canon.
That's the dumbest idea I've heard of in comics, after the Spider Clone saga.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Don't hate it, but really not interested in this A-Force stuff by Marvel. Just don't like the blatant pandering... just promote stronger female characters across the line (lead a team or two, central cogs in major events, etc), rather than dump them into impractical titles. Maybe it will be framed in a way to make it more appealing to me but expectations are low.

rrr_img_89841.jpg

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hoping when marvel reboots Ghost Rider they let Robbie Reyes take over, though I heard they are planning something big for him in Secret War. Also 2nd to last issue in the run came out with Robbie's brother starting his origin story in the best way possible....
rrr_img_90296.jpg

rrr_img_90297.jpg

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Hoping when marvel reboots Ghost Rider they let Robbie Reyes take over, though I heard they are planning something big for him in Secret War. Also 2nd to last issue in the run came out with Robbie's brother starting his origin story in the best way possible....
rrr_img_90296.jpg

rrr_img_90297.jpg
I lol'd. Reminded me of

Handi-Man
rrr_img_90332.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My Dad and wife are visiting is this weekend and he brought over boxes and boxes of my old comics and baseball cards from growing up. Is there a site anyone uses to track their collections or anything? Want to go through and organize everything, see what random stuff I haven't looked at in 20+ years.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
My Dad and wife are visiting is this weekend and he brought over boxes and boxes of my old comics and baseball cards from growing up. Is there a site anyone uses to track their collections or anything? Want to go through and organize everything, see what random stuff I haven't looked at in 20+ years.
Are you stalking me? I actually just got hired at a company that does this. We're not going to be able to give you any valuation on your stuff (you can pay CGC to do that), but if you want somewhere to just organize / show off everything with an ability to buy / sell / trade later, you can do it atGemr. As a heads up - we're still on Series A funding (4.5 mil or so in Nov) so the site / app needs a bit of work, but these guys are churning out updates pretty quickly. I'm making it my personal mission to overhaul the UI because it's pretty clunky, but the idea behind the site is pretty solid.