Comic Books

Caliane

Yeah Mahmud wiffed that perspective. Iron Man's fist coming towards the camera is also way too small. Really good artist tho.
she doesn't fit the compostion at all. looks like she was copy/pasted in. Size wise, she would need to be behind the cape to be that small. Still wouldn't fix her facing the wrong direction, etc.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the rest of the team are all replacements and younger versions, what about Falcon and Vision? Are they still the originals, like the veteran leadership types?

I really don't have a problem with this and them being younger. It's not like we haven't had multiple Avengers teams many times before(MIGHTYSECRETDARK!!!!!), the classics can(and will) come back a some point and it won't have to totally negate this comic.

If they can pull off a Runaways level of quality I'll be interested enough.

Also because I mentioned it I want to reiterate how bad the Frank Cho Mighty Avengers issues were, with I think BMB writing. At least the few I could slog through.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
50% (or more jury is out on iron man but most likely not since founding avengers are white) of team is minorities
falcon cap
ms. marvel
black spidy
(vision is a robot)

I think the most minorties they ever had was the occasional Cage.

also everyone aside from ms. marvel can be a "flyer" call spidy a "flyer" is a stretch and w/o buildings or a skyscraper he's as ground bound as anyone, but come on, he's always "swinging"

Caliane

?

That's her cape, why would she be behind it.
oh, ha. you're right. I was totally reading it as part of Kamala's scarf.
Colorist should not have used the same red. Nor artist drawn it to match Kamala's positioning. her scarf is actually going in reverse to her body motion and hair.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Because that's a terrible idea.

You want every new comic to affect the direction of the MCU? You want every time a movie comes out a dramatic change to take place in the comics?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why don't they just make comic universe = movie universe?
Because it's the comic universe. Plus they'd probably have to negotiate likeness rights and shit like crazy.

That said, I'm kind of in to the idea of an MCU alternate universe comic line. Sort of like Ultimate. Though it would have to be pretty much side stories, can't have huge universe altering events in the comics that effect the movies.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nrama: Could you see Marvel doing a more regular comic series set in the movie universe?

Van Lente: You know, that was something I proposed many years ago and was told it wouldn't be feasible. I sort of feel like Marvel wants to keep all the possibilities for the Marvel Cinematic Universe contained for potential movie and television development, and wants to give comics creators all the freedom to do what we do in the comics universe.
He's done a few of the comic-movie tie ins.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They are doing a gigantic pile of comics all with Convergence in the title. It's absurd. Look at this shit. It's just this week -

Convergence #5 (Of 8)(Andy Kubert Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence #5 (Of 8)(Ivan Reis Cyborg Sketch Variant Cover), AR
Convergence #5 (Of 8)(Jerome Opena Variant Cover), AR
Convergence #5 (Of 8)(Tony S. Daniel & Mike Morales Variant Cover), AR
Convergence Batgirl #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Batgirl #2 (Of 2)(Rick Leonardi & Dan Green Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Batman And Robin #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Batman And Robin #2 (Of 2)(Denys Cowan & Klaus Janson Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Harley Quinn #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Harley Quinn #2 (Of 2)(Steve Pugh Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Justice League #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Justice League #2 (Of 2)(Mark Buckingham Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Nightwing Oracle #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Nightwing Oracle #2 (Of 2)(Jill Thompson Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Speed Force #2 (Of 2)(Brett Booth & Norm Rapmund Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Speed Force #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Superman #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Superman #2 (Of 2)(Lee Weeks Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence The Atom #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence The Atom #2 (Of 2)(Steve Dillon Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence The Question #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence The Question #2 (Of 2)(Cully Hamner Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Titans #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Titans #2 (Of 2)(Emanuela Lupacchino Regular Cover),

This is next week -

Convergence #6 (Of 8)(Amanda Conner Starfire Sketch Variant Cover), AR
Convergence #6 (Of 8)(Carlo Pagulayan Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence #6 (Of 8)(Steve Rude Variant Cover), AR
Convergence #6 (Of 8)(Tony S. Daniel & Mike Morales Variant Cover), AR
Convergence Aquaman #2 (Of 2)(Becky Cloonan Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Aquaman #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Batman Shadow Of The Bat #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Batman Shadow Of The Bat #2 (Of 2)(Philip Tan Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Catwoman #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Catwoman #2 (Of 2)(Claire Wendling Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Green Arrow #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Green Arrow #2 (Of 2)Rags Morales Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Green Lantern Parallax #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Green Lantern Parallax #2 (Of 2)(Steve Lieber Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Justice League International #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Justice League International #2 (Of 2)(Paul Renaud Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Suicide Squad #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Suicide Squad #2 (Of 2)(John Paul Leon Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Superboy #2 (Of 2)(Babs Tarr Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Superboy #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Supergirl Matrix #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Supergirl Matrix #2 (Of 2)(Howard Porter Regular Cover), $3.99
Convergence Superman The Man Of Steel #2 (Of 2)(Chip Kidd Variant Cover), $3.99
Convergence Superman The Man Of Steel #2 (Of 2)(Walter Simonson Regular Cover), $3.99

Eleven fucking comics with Convergence in the title? No. One. Cares.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Just seeing that list makes me less interested and I wasn't interested at all in the first place. That is exactly why I stopped purchasing comics from the Big Two. God damn event bullshit gets out of hand big time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just seeing that list makes me less interested and I wasn't interested at all in the first place. That is exactly why I stopped purchasing comics from the Big Two. God damn event bullshit gets out of hand big time.
The lead up to the destruction of the Marvel Multiverse has been really good and it fits right in with the overarching story they've been telling since the days of Civil War. We've basically been watching the heroes fragment further and further for a decade and now that's finally met it's conclusion. They failed to stop the destruction of the multiverse and almost everyone everywhere is dead. It's really pretty damn awesome.

With DC I really, really liked what they've been doing with Multiversity even if it is a bunch of Grant Morrison metafiction wank and Batman Endgame was really good but it's just hard to give a fuck about their larger stories. They hyped Future's End forever, had a big crazy apocalyptic opener, and then went on to do almost nothing week after week after week. Forty weeks in barely anything had happened and now I don't even know how it concluded or if it even did. The last reboot was shitty. The last crisis was incomprehensible.

There's good stuff going on in both companies but the amount of shit you have to strain through to find it is not going to be worth it for almost everyone.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It looks like they keep relaunching so they can plaster #1 on the front to trick nerds into thinking it'll gain value like the originals.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Gotta love the shit ass drawings in comics. Went from 1 dollar back when it was good, now 2+ for total shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Gotta love the shit ass drawings in comics. Went from 1 dollar back when it was good, now 2+ for total shit.
they gotta pump and dump comics quick so they get all these D-list artists, seems like a few are from brazil or whatever the fuck.

The only comics from the big 2 with good art, are the ones with writers who have clout and can request to work with an artist... hickman comes to mind.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The lead up to the destruction of the Marvel Multiverse has been really good and it fits right in with the overarching story they've been telling since the days of Civil War. We've basically been watching the heroes fragment further and further for a decade and now that's finally met it's conclusion. They failed to stop the destruction of the multiverse and almost everyone everywhere is dead. It's really pretty damn awesome.

With DC I really, really liked what they've been doing with Multiversity even if it is a bunch of Grant Morrison metafiction wank and Batman Endgame was really good but it's just hard to give a fuck about their larger stories. They hyped Future's End forever, had a big crazy apocalyptic opener, and then went on to do almost nothing week after week after week. Forty weeks in barely anything had happened and now I don't even know how it concluded or if it even did. The last reboot was shitty. The last crisis was incomprehensible.

There's good stuff going on in both companies but the amount of shit you have to strain through to find it is not going to be worth it for almost everyone.
I love my Marvel books, but they lost me with what seemed like 3 years of 'TIME IS RUNNING OUT!' I'll be a happy guy when incursions are never spoken of again. Just felt so dense, with so many characters introduced that I never cared about (black swans, builders, ex nhilo yellow guys, did I read it right that SUNSPOT bought AIM .... wtf.)

I'm looking forward to Secret Wars now that Convergence feels like a setup for an Injustice video game sequel more than anything. I will be waiting for the dust to settle before picking up arcs and trying to jump back into a few DC titles, because I'm not sure Marvel is going to be that great after Secret Wars either if their best ideas for this even include all the Thors solving crimes and Ultron vs Zombies.

Just hoping some of these 90s books aren't completely horrible and there are some good titles post-event that I look forward to. There are apparently infinity gem-related promotions to conclude it...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
(black swans, builders, ex nhilo yellow guys, did I read it right that SUNSPOT bought AIM .... wtf.)
well sunspot did inhert his family's bazillions, but him and cannonball just seem like the doofy comic relief, like "we need 2 dumb idiots to illustrate how dumb they are and how cool [insert avenger] is"

and i guess someone had to take over AIM cuz we needed the evil corps, evil tech to do evil things that the good guys would never invent. (currently they're doing something to the shiar cuz gladiator wants to destroy earth to save the universe or something)